Grounding instructions warning, Save these instructions, Safety instructions – GE 9500D User Manual

Page 4

background image





• Do not use recycled paper products. Recycled paper towels,

napkins and waxed paper can contain metal flecks which may
cause arcing or ignite. Paper products containing nylon or nylon
filaments should be avoided, as they may also ignite.

• Some styrofoam trays (like those that meat is packaged on) have

a thin strip of metal embedded in the bottom. When microwaved,
the metal can burn the floor of the oven or ignite a paper towel.

• Do not use the microwave to dry newspapers.

• Not all plastic wrap is suitable for use in microwave ovens.

Check the package for proper use.

• Paper towels, waxed paper and plastic wrap can be used to cover

dishes in order to retain moisture and prevent spattering. Be sure
to vent plastic wrap so steam can escape.

• Cookware may become hot because of heat transferred from the

heated food. Pot holders may be needed to handle the cookware.

• “Boilable” cooking pouches and tightly closed plastic bags should

be slit, pierced or vented as directed by package. If they are not,
plastic could burst during or immediately after cooking, possibly
resulting in injury. Also, plastic storage containers should be at
least partially uncovered because they form a tight seal. When
cooking with containers tightly covered with plastic wrap, remove
covering carefully and direct steam away from hands and face.

• Use foil only as directed in this manual. TV dinners may be

microwaved in foil trays less than 3/4

″ high; remove the top foil

cover and return the tray to the box. When using foil in the
microwave oven, keep the foil at least 1

″ away from

the sides of the oven.

• Plastic cookware—Plastic cookware designed for microwave cooking

is very useful, but should be used carefully. Even microwave-safe
plastic may not be as tolerant of overcooking conditions as are glass
or ceramic materials, and may soften or char if subjected to short
periods of overcooking. In longer exposures to overcooking, the food
and cookware could ignite.

Follow these guidelines:


Use microwave-safe plastics only and use them in strict compliance
with the cookware manufacturer’s recommendations.


Do not microwave empty containers.


Do not permit children to use plastic cookware without
complete supervision.



Improper use of the grounding plug
can result in a risk of electric shock.

This appliance must be grounded.
In the event of an electrical short circuit,
grounding reduces the risk of electric
shock by providing an escape wire for
the electric current. This appliance is equipped with a power cord
having a grounding wire with a grounding plug. The plug must be
plugged into an outlet
that is properly installed and grounded.

Consult a qualified electrician or service technician if the grounding
instructions are not completely understood, or if doubt exists as to
whether the appliance is properly grounded.

If the outlet is a standard 2-prong wall outlet, it is your personal
responsibility and obligation to have it replaced with a properly
grounded 3-prong wall outlet.

Do not under any circumstances cut or remove the third (ground)
prong from the power cord.

For best operation, plug this appliance into its own electrical outlet
to prevent flickering of lights, blowing of fuse or tripping of circuit


Ensure proper ground exists
before use.



This manual is related to the following products: