Usage of remote controller – Marantz 541110307024M User Manual
USAGE OF REMOTE CONTROLLER
Before using the remote controller for the fi rst time,
load the batteries in the remote controller. The
batteries provided are used to verify the operations
of the remote controller only.
Remove the battery cover.
Paying close attention to polarity indicators
ª plus and · minus), be sure to insert
batteries correctly and as indicated.
Return the battery cover to its original
CAUTIONS ON HANDLING BATTERIES
Misusing batteries can lead to fi re, injury or soiling
of surrounding area as a result of leakage, rupture
Carefully read the following precautions before
• Insert the batteries while ensuring that their
ª and · poles are properly aligned with
the corresponding markings on the remote
• Batteries of the same size and shape may have
different voltages. Do not use any battery except
the type indicated. Do not use old and new
batteries together, and do not use different types
of batteries together.
• Do not recharge batteries.
• Keep batteries out of the reach of children. Seek
medical attention if accidentally ingested.
• Do not carry or store batteries together with
metal ball point pens, necklaces, coins, hair pins,
• If you will not be using the remote controller for
an extended time (1 month or more), remove the
batteries to prevent leakage. If batteries leak, do
not touch the fl uid with bare hands. Wipe away
any fl uid in the case and put in new batteries.
When doing so, handle with care, because fl uid
on skin or clothing presents a burn risk. If you
accidentally get fl uid on your skin, immediately
wash with water and seek medical attention.
• Do not heat or take apart batteries or put them in
fl ame or water.
• When disposing of used batteries, please
comply with governmental regulations or
environmental public instruction’s rules that
apply in your country or area.
• Do not expose the batteries to excessive heat
such as direct sunlight, fi re or the like.
Operate the unit with the remote controller within
the range of the illustration below.
Approx. 5m (16.4 ft)
• Do not allow direct sunlight, an inverter fl uorescent
light or other strong source of light to shine onto
the unit’s infrared signal reception window
(remote sensor). Otherwise, the operation of the
remote controller may be disabled.
• Bear in mind that operating the remote controller
may cause other devices operated by infrared
rays to be operated by mistake.
• The remote controller cannot be operated if
the space between the controller and the unit’s
remote sensor is obstructed.
• Do not place any objects on top of the remote
controller. Doing so may cause one or more
buttons to be held down which will cause the
batteries to run down.