Notice, Antenna connections (continued), Cable tv (catv) connection – Sharp 36UF5/6 User Manual
Page 6: Outdoor antenna connection, F-type connector should be finger tightened only
Dimension: 140mm x 215mm
CABLE TV (CATV) CONNECTION
• A 75 ohm coaxial cable connector is built into the set for easy hookup. When connecting the 75 ohm
coaxial cable to the set, screw the 75 ohm cable to the COAXIAL CABLE CONNECTOR.
• Some cable TV companies offer “premium pay channels”. Since the signals of these premium pay
channels are scrambled, a cable TV converter/descrambler is generally provided to the subscriber by
the cable TV company. This converter/descrambler is necessary for normal viewing of the scrambled
channels. (Set your TV on channel 3 or 4. Typically one of these channels is used. If this is unknown,
consult your cable TV company.) For more specific instructions on installing cable TV, consult your
cable TV company. One possible method of utilizing the converter/descrambler provided by your
cable TV company is explained below.
Please note: RF switch equipped with position A/B (not provided) is required.
“A” position on the RF switch (not supplied) : You can view all unscrambled channels using the TV’s
“B” position on the RF switch (not supplied) : You can view the scrambled channels via the converter/
descrambler using the converter’s channel keys.
• Consult your SHARP Dealer or Service Center for the type of splitter, RF switch or combiner that
might be required.
OUTDOOR ANTENNA CONNECTION
• Use one of the following two diagrams if you connect an outdoor antenna.
A: Using a VHF/UHF combination outdoor antenna.
B: Using separate VHF and/or UHF outdoor antenna.
• Connect an outdoor antenna cable lead-in to the COAXIAL CABLE CONNECTOR on the rear of the
REAR OF TV
A. Combination VHF/UHF Antennas
B. Separate VHF/UHF Antenna
Antenna Connections (Continued)
REAR OF TV
• The design may be slightly different depending on the model.
Cable TV converter/
Cable TV Line
RF switch (not supplied)
75-ohm coaxial cable
When connecting the RF cable to the TV set, do not
tighten F-type connector with tools.
If tools are used, it may cause damage to your TV
(The breaking of Internal circuit, etc.)
F-type connector should be finger tightened only
2/20/03, 11:10 AM