User maintenance instructions, Automatic centering guides, Important points – FARBERWARE FST400M User Manual
USER MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
This appliance requires little maintenance. It contains no user
serviceable parts. Do not try to repair it yourself. Any servicing
requiring disassembly other than cleaning must be performed by a
qualified appliance repair technician.
DO NOT IMMERSE IN WATER OR OTHER LIQUID.
Always unplug the Toaster and allow to cool fully before cleaning.
Crumb Trays: The Crumb Trays are located at the bottom of the
Toaster. For ease in cleaning, grasp the Crumb Tray Handle and pull
all the way out. Brush crumbs from the Trays and, if necessary,
wipe with a clean, damp cloth. Always dry the Trays thoroughly
before replacing. When replacing either of the Trays, be sure to
push firmly so that it is fully inserted in the bottom of the Toaster.
Exterior: Wipe surfaces with a clean, damp cloth. Do not use
abrasive cleaners, as they may scratch the surface.
Unplug unit, allow to cool, and clean before storing. Store in its
box in a clean, dry place. Never store it while it is hot or still
plugged in. Never wrap cord tightly around the appliance, use the
Cord Wrap on the bottom of the Toaster. Do not put any stress on
the cord where it enters the unit, as it could cause the cord to fray
AUTOMATIC CENTERING GUIDES
Lowering either one or both of the Toasting Levers closes either one
or both of the Centering Guides, and holds the bread or toaster
food centrally in the Toasting Slots.
1. Remove all protective wrappings from food before placing in
2. For best results, clean Crumb Trays frequently.
3. Different breads require different color settings. Press the
appropriate CANCEL Button at any time to check toast color.
4. Do not block top openings. Do not place any object over the
5. Do not toast buttered bread or buttered pita bread. Melted
butter will cause fire.
6. Bread which has been toasted but not buttered may be
reheated. Use a lighter setting and watch it carefully.
7. When toasting more than one slice of bread, use slices of
similar size, thickness and freshness.
8. Stale bread, thin bread or sweet bread products, such as tea
cakes and fruit loaf, brown much more quickly than ordinary
bread, so they should be toasted on the lighter settings.
9. Never immerse Toaster in water.
10. Never use a fork or sharp-edged utensil to remove toast
because that may damage the heating elements or cause
FBW_FST400M/RM/BM/CBM_IB_19-8 08/20/2004 11:18 Page 11