Sharp AX-700 User Manual
A42378,SEC AX700S O/M
HOW TO USE THE RESERVOIR
Wash the reservoir before using the first time. Fill the reservoir
to the MAX mark except when using THERMAL, which does
not use steam. The maximum amount of water that the reservoir
holds is 3
Use only fresh cold tap water. There is no need to use distilled
water (see page 34 for additional information). Do not use
demineralized water or any other liquid. Always use fresh cold
water at the beginning of each cooking session. Place the lid on
to the reservoir firmly.
Open the door and position the reservoir as shown in Figure A.
The reservoir must be pushed in firmly as far back as it will go.
The water level indicator will turn on and pumping will start
If "Check reservoir position" is displayed, remove the reservoir
and insert it again firmly.
Some noise will be heard while the oven is pumping the water from the reservoir to the steam generator
just before cooking starts. This is normal.
Whenever you have finished using the oven, always empty the reservoir and wash the reservoir and lid.
H O W T O U S E T H E R E S E R V O I R
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: READ CAREFULLY BEFORE
USING THE OVEN
1. When the START pad is pressed, the oven will detect the amount of water in the reservoir. If the
amount of water is not sufficient, the oven will stop and "Fill reservoir" will be displayed. Open the
door, fill the reservoir to the MAX mark and place in the oven. If you press the START pad without
filling the reservoir, there will not be enough water for optimum results and EMPTY may flash during
cooking. The reservoir must contain water or the final cooking results will change.
2. When removing the reservoir, lift the handle up slightly and then pull out toward you.
3. Do not drop or damage the reservoir. Heat may cause the reservoir to change shape. Do not use a
damaged reservoir. Call 1-800-BE-SHARP to purchase a replacement.
4. There may be a few water drops when removing the reservoir. Wipe dry with a soft cloth.
5. Do not fill water over the MAX mark.
6. Do not block the air holes on the lid of the reservoir. It will cause trouble during pumping.
7. Short cooking times or cooking programs using a small amount of steam will not use much water from
8. Do not leave water in reservoir for over a day. Always empty the reservoir when you have finished
9. Always have the reservoir in place when cooking with steam.
The reservoir filter is permanently attached within the reservoir.
It prevents dust and/or residue from entering the steam
generator. If the filter is clogged, water cannot pump properly.
See CLEANING AND CARE on page 33.
HOW TO USE DRIP TRAY
The oven comes with the drip tray already in place under the
oven cavity or bottom. This drip tray collects the condensation
from the oven door. To remove the drip tray, pull it towards you
with both hands. To insert the drip tray, place it onto the right
and left hooks under the oven and push it in firmly, as shown in
Figure B. Always place the drip tray in the correct position.
We recommend emptying the drip tray after every cooking
session. Empty, rinse thoroughly, dry and place in correct
position. Failure to empty may cause it to overflow. The capacity
of the drip tray is sufficient for one cooking session. If cooking is
repeated without emptying the drip tray, it may overflow.
SEC AX700S O/M,P01-15
05.4.8, 9:22 AM