Operation (when recording on this vcr) – Sony SLV-ED313 User Manual
SLV-ED313 GB 3-065-583-E1 (1)
(when recording on this VCR)
Before you start editing
• Turn on your TV and set it to the
• Press INPUT SELECT or PROG +/–
to display “L” in the display window.
• Press REC SPEED to select the tape
speed (SP or LP for the PAL system,
and SP or EP for the NTSC system).
Insert a source tape with its safety tab removed into the other
(playback) VCR. Search for the point to start playback and set it to
Insert a tape with its safety tab in place into this (recording) VCR.
Search for the point to start recording and press X PAUSE.
Press z REC on this VCR and set it to recording pause.
To start editing, press the X PAUSE buttons on both VCRs at the same
To stop editing
Press the x STOP buttons on both VCRs.
• To edit more precisely, press the X PAUSE buttons on the VCRs to release pause.
• To cut out unwanted scenes while editing, press X PAUSE on this VCR when an
unwanted scene begins. When it ends, press X PAUSE again to resume recording.
• If you start recording following the procedure above, the VCR will not start
recording with the APC function. To record a tape with the APC function, press
REC again during recording pause in step 3 so that the VCR analyses the tape.
Then when you start recording in step 4, press X PAUSE after the APC indicator
stops flashing. If you press X PAUSE before the APC indicator stops flashing, the
APC function is cancelled.
Editing with another VCR (continued)
12/3/01, 11:14 AM