Hints and tips – FARBERWARE 10 SPEED BLENDER FSB100 User Manual
HINTS AND TIPS
• Add ingredients to Blending Jar a little at a time to ensure proper
blending and to prevent overflow. Never fill Blending Jar more
than 3/4 full; the action of the Blades will cause the ingredients to
rise in the Blending Jar. Make large recipes in several batches.
• Unless the recipe states differently, pour liquid ingredients into
Blending Jar before solid ingredients. The liquid will help the
processing go faster and at a lower speed.
• Always add 1 cup of liquid before processing ice.
• Blend for 5 to 30 seconds, not minutes, and check consistency.
Continue blending until desired consistency is reached. Over-
blending will result in a loose consistency.
NOTE: Always operate Blender with Cover in place.
• Do not remove Blending Jar from the Motor Housing when the
Motor is running.
• Keep hands and utensils out of Blending Jar while processing to
prevent the possibility of severe personal injury and/or damage to
the Blender. A spatula may be used, but must only be used when
the Blender is not running.
• Thick mixtures require special attention during processing.
Periodically press the OFF Button and scrape mixture off sides of
Blending Jar and onto the Blades. Replace Cover and continue
processing. Select a higher speed if processing becomes sluggish.
• With the Measuring Cup removed, add solids and ice a little at a
time through the hole in the Blending Jar Cover. Always cut solid
foods such as vegetables and cheese into small chunks before
placing in the Blending Jar.
• To prevent excessive heat expansion, remove Measuring Cup from
Cover before adding hot ingredients. Add hot foods slowly (to a
maximum of 2 cups) through the Cover’s hole.
NOTE: For blending hot ingredients, remove Measuring Cup to allow
for heat expansion before blending. Place a small rag or paper
towel over opening to prevent hot liquids from splashing out.
CAUTION: To prevent the risk of burns, do not use your hand to