LG MODEL STRIKER S160 User Manual
Post Installation Checks
1. Check that all chimney pipe joints are securely fastened.
2. Check that the heater is securely fastened to the floor (if
3. Make sure the intake vent has clear access to outside air
4. Make sure the outside air vent has been sealed properly
to keep rodents out (if applicable).
5. Be sure all roof flashings are watertight.
6. Be sure the stove is properly grounded (if applicable).
FOR YOUR OWN PROTECTION AND INSURANCE
PURPOSES, HAVE YOUR CHIMNEY AND CONNECTOR
PIPE INSTALLATION INSPECTED BY YOUR LOCAL
BUILDING CODE AUTHORITY OR FIRE MARSHAL
BEFORE STARTING A FIRE IN YOUR STOVE. NOTIFY
YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY.
CAUTION: Wear gloves during brick installation in
case of sharp edges inside the stove.
Note: Installation of the baffle bricks and insulating blanket is
easier when you can still access the flue outlet, (before connecting
the flue pipe). Be sure the insulating blanket is placed flat on
the bricks so as not to block the flue. Use a ruler or a piece of
kindling to reach over the blanket to be sure it is completely flat
on top of the baffle bricks.
Measure bricks before installing, as per list of dimensions on
next page, to be sure the correct bricks are installed in the cor-
1. Install bricks #1-18 in the numbered sequence shown in
Figure 6 on Page 12.
2. Next, install bricks #19 and 20 into the rear stainless steel
baffle support (see Figures 7 and 8 on Page 12).