NAD T535 User Manual

T 535 dvd player

Advertising
background image

UNIVERSAL PLAYBACK
With the proliferation of different optical disc formats, most people want just one player that will play them
all. The T535 is capable of playing most all the popular entertainment oriented optical disc format, including
the high resolution DVD-Audio and SACD music formats. MP3 and WMA compressed formats are also
decoded, offering surprisingly good sound quality when recorded at higher available bit rates. Your existing
CD collection is also in for a major sonic upgrade when played back through the advanced electronics of the
T535.

DVD-Video can be watched in normal interlaced mode, or in progressive scan mode, providing your TV
monitor supports this type of signal. If you have a high definition (HDTV) monitor equipped with HDMI inputs
that support HDCP encryption, you can also take advantage of the Faroudja DCDi chip that will ‘upconvert’
standard DVD (480/576 lines) to the HD formats of 720p, 1080i or 1080p.

DVD-Audio and SACD decoding take place on board with comprehensive bass management available for
decoded signals. DVD-Audio uses high resolution 24 bit PCM signals and MLP ‘lossless’ compression
to advance audio performance to unprecedented levels. SACD (super audio compact disc) is a different
approach to high definition audio using the DSD (direct stream digital) technique to obtain a very realistic
sonic presentation. Both techniques have their adherents, but thankfully, with the T535, you don’t have to
take sides in the discussion about which format is better – you have both formats covered!

ADVANCED FEATURES
The T535 includes the High Definition Digital Interface (HDMI) with HDCP encryption, allowing high definition
audio and video signals to be transferred between source components, processors, and TV Displays in
a pure digital format. This eliminates the distortion producing conversions between digital and analog by
keeping the signal in the digital domain.

Naturally, the T535 supports all the popular DVD-Video features, such as fast and slow scan, multi-language,
multi-angle, A-B repeat, and last scene bookmarking. The ergonomically designed remote handset puts all
these features right under your thumb for easy and convenient operation. Easy integration with advanced
control systems, such as AMX and Crestron, is made possible using the rear panel IR input and RS-232
port.

T 535 DVD Player

• Plays DVD-V, DVD-A, DVD+R, DVD-R, VCD, SVCD, SACD,

CD, CD-R, CD-RW

• HDMI Output for HD video and audio
• DVD-A and SACD Playback
• Faroudja DCDi circuit for 480i/576i (DVD standard) video up-

conversion to 420p/576p

• HDMI resolutions of 720p, 1080i, and 1080p
• Component Video Output with Progressive Scan option
• S-Video and Composite Video Output
• 12 bit 216mHz video DAC for analog video output