Save these instructions, Important precautions (continued), Important safeguards – Nostalgia Electrics DFF-310 User Manual
Page 2: Important safeguards (continued), Introduction
IMPORTANT PRECAUTIONS (Continued)
18. cord or extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of
the appliance, The longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape
19. over the countertop or table top where it can be pulled on by children or
tripped over unintentionally.
20. Keep hands and foreign objects out of the fountain while operating. Check
regularly for large chunks of fruit, etc. falling into the base bowl. These will
clog the base of the tower. Chocolate will not flow properly.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be
followed, including the following:
Read all instructions before operating this appliance.
Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
Any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or damaged in any manner
should not be operated. The appliance should be returned or taken to the
nearest repair shop for examination or repair or send back to company as
stated in this booklet in the warranty.
4. The appliance manufacturer does not recommend the use of accessory
attachments other than what is supplied with the unit. This may cause
5. When any appliance is used by or near children, adult supervision is
Not recommended for outdoor use.
Keep appliance and cord away from any hot surfaces.
Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil
or other hot liquids.
10. To disconnect, turn any control to “off,” then remove plug from wall outlet.
11. Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS (Continued)
12. This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To
reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized
outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the
plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to
modify the plug in any way.
13. To prevent electrical shock, DO NOT immerses cord, plug or any part of the
motor base in water or other liquids.
14. This appliance should not be used for purposes other than stated in the
instructions accompanying this appliance.
15. DO NOT leave unit unattended while in use or when plugged in to an outlet.
16. DO NOT HANDLE THE AUGERS WHEN IN MOTION.
17. DO NOT assemble the augers or tower while motor is running. Turn unit
OFF first. It is preferable to be unplugged while assembling pieces.
18. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before removing parts for cleaning.
Thank you for purchasing the CHOCOLATE FONDUE FOUNTAIN™. This
chocolate fountain has a beautiful effect of flowing chocolate that will add mouth-
watering fun to any occasion.
Your friends and family will enjoy the fun of the CHOCOLATE FONDUE
FOUNTAIN™. Please take care of your machine by following these simple
instructions and precautions.
You can use a variety of foods, chocolates or sauces with your CHOCOLATE
FONDUE FOUNTAIN™ to create the flavor you desire. Depending on what you
choose, you can use;
Dark Semi Sweet Chocolate
To dip strawberries, marshmallows, apple wedges, pretzels, cookies, ice cream
balls, peanut butter balls, create mini S’mores, – use your imagination! Add
liqueurs for sophisticated flavors.
You can use CHEESE! Dip grapes, apples, breads, shrimp/seafood, crackers,
and pretzels – use your imagination! In order to use cheese, you just need to
prepare the cheese as you would for a regular fondue pot by diluting it with white