Nova-Tech 4392 TRACEABLE POCKET_DEW-POINT_HYGROMETER_THERMOMETER User Manual
is a registered trademark of Control Company ©2008 Control Company. 92-4392-00 Rev. 3 052308
20 to 100.0%
±3% mid-range, ±5.5% elsewhere
Dew Point and Temperature
–4.0 to 122 °F
–20.0 to 50.0 °C
Electronic capacitance polymer film sensor not affected by condensation, Microprocessor sensor, Memory (Min/Max), Auto power off, Simultaneous display of
relative humidity and temperature.
ON/OFF, HOLD, C/F (Celsius/Fahrenheit), RST (Reset), td (Dew point), MN/MX (Minimum/Maximum).
1. Remove the protective cover.
2. Press the “ON/OFF” button to turn the meter on.
3. Press and hold the “C/F” button until the display changes to the desired range.
1. Press and hold “MN/MX” button until “MIN” appears on the display. The minimum relative humidity and minimum temperature reading in memory are displayed
2. Press and hold “MN/MX” button until “MAX” appears on display. The maximum relative humidity and maximum temperature reading in memory are displayed
3. To return to current relative humidity and temperature readings, press and hold “MN/MX” button until “MIN” or “MAX” disappears from the display.
4. To clear minimum and maximum readings from memory, press and hold “RST” (reset) button until the entire display flashes. Release the button and the current relative humidity and
temperature are displayed. New minimum and maximum relative humidity and temperature readings will be recorded into memory.
Data Hold Function
1. Press “HOLD” button until “HLD” appears in display. The current reading is now being held and will not change until the hold function is cancelled.
2. To cancel the hold function, press the “RST” (Reset) button.
3. The “HOLD” feature will hold the readings for dew point, relative humidity and temperature.
Dew Point Function
1. Press and hold “td” button until “td” appears on the display. The current dew point temperature is displayed
2. To cancel the dew point temperature reading and return to normal temperature display, hold “td” button until “td” disappears from the display.
Auto Power Off Feature
1. Unit will turn itself off after 20 minutes. To return to the display, press ON/OFF button.
2. To override Auto Power Off mode, turn the unit off and press the “ON/OFF” and “MN/MX” button simultaneously. After the full display appears, release the “ON/OFF” button. When “n”
appears on the display, release MN/MX button.
3. To re-activate the Auto Power Off feature follow step #2 above.
CAUTION: Do not immerse probe or unit into liquids as permanent damage to the sensor will result.
ALL OPERATIONAL DIFFICULTIES
If this unit does not function properly for any reason, replace the battery with a new high-quality battery (see “Battery Replacement” section). Low battery power can occasionally cause
any number of “apparent” operational difficulties. Replacing the battery with a new fresh battery will solve most difficulties.
Erratic readings, a faint display, no display, or flashing display are all indicators that the battery must be replaced. Slide the panel on the back of the unit in the direction of the arrow.
Replace exhausted batteries new alkaline AAA batteries. Slide the battery compartment cover back into place. Replacement battery Cat. No. 1105.
WARRANTY, SERVICE, OR RECALIBRATION
For warranty, service, or recalibration, contact:
4455 Rex Road
Friendswood, Texas 77546 USA
Ph. 281-482-1714 Fax 281-482-9448
Control Company is ISO 9001 Quality-Certified by DNV and ISO 17025 accredited as a
Calibration Laboratory by A2LA.