Important safety instructions – LG LFA840 User Manual
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
1. Read these instructions.
2. Keep these instructions.
3. Heed all warnings.
4. Follow all instructions.
5. Do not use this apparatus near water.
6. Clean only with dry cloth.
7. Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the
8. Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers,
stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
9. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type
plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A
grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The
wide blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. If the provid-
ed plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replace-
ment of the obsolete outlet.
10. Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at
plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the
11. Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
12. Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the
manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use
caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury
13. Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long
periods of time.
14. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required
when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-
supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have
fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or
moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
Recording equipment should be used only for lawful copying and you are
advised to check carefully what is lawful copying in the area in which you are
making a copy. Copying of copyright material such as films or music is unlaw-
ful unless permitted by a legal exception or consented to by the rights owner.
This product incorporates copyright protection technology that is protected by
method claims of certain U.S. patents and other intellectual property rights
owned by Macrovision Corporation and other rights owners. Use of this copy-
right protection technology must be authorized by Macrovision Corporation,
and is intended for home and other limited viewing uses only, unless other-
wise authorized by Macrovision corporation. Reverse engineering or disas-
sembly is prohibited.
CONSUMERS SHOULD NOTE THAT NOT ALL HIGH DEFINITION TELEVI-
SION SETS ARE FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH THIS PRODUCT AND MAY
CAUSE ARTIFACTS TO BE DISPLAYED IN THE PICTURE. IN CASE OF
525 PROGRESSIVE SCAN PICTURE PROBLEMS, IT IS RECOMMENDED
THAT THE USER SWITCH THE CONNECTION TO THE ‘STANDARD DEFI-
NITION’ OUTPUT. IF THERE ARE QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR TV
SET COMPATIBILITY WITH THIS MODEL 525p DVD+VCR RECORDER,
PLEASE CONTACT OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER.