Read all instructions before use, Warning, Caution – LG LDS4821ST User Manual
Page 3: Basic safety precautions
I M P O RTA N T S A F E T Y I N S T RU C T I O N S
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE
This symbol indicates the possibility of serious bodily harm, even death.
This symbol indicates the possibility of injury or damage to property.
Your safety and the safety of others is very important.
We have provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your appliance. Always read and
follow all safety messages.
This is the safety alert symbol.
This symbol alerts you to potential hazards that could eventually result in property damage or serious
bodily harm, even death.
The safety alert symbol will be followed by either the word “WARNING” or “CAUTION,” then an important
safety message. These words mean:
78046 LG Dshwshr OM ENSPv08.qxd 4/2/08 6:26 PM Page 3
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons when using
this appliance, follow basic precautions, including the following:
• This manual contains very important information
regarding the installation, use, and maintenance
of your dishwasher.
• The manufacturer cannot be responsible for
injuries or damage caused by failure to follow
these safety and caution instructions.
• Read all instructions carefully before using the
• Use the dishwasher only for its intended
• Use only detergents or rinse agents
recommended for use in a dishwasher. Keep all
dishwasher detergents and additives out of the
reach of children.
• This appliance is not intended for use by young
children or unqualified persons.
• When loading items to be washed:
1) Load sharp items so that they are not likely to
damage the door seal; and
2) Load sharp knives with the handles up to
reduce the risk of injury when reaching into the
• Do not wash plastic items in the dishwasher
unless they are labeled dishwasher-safe or the
equivalent. For plastic items not so labeled,
check the manufacturer’s recommendations.
• Do not operate the dishwasher unless all
enclosure panels are properly in place.
• Do not tamper with controls.
• Do not abuse, sit on, or stand on the door or
dish racks of the dishwasher.
• To reduce the risk of injury, do not allow children
to play in or around a dishwasher.
• Under certain conditions, hydrogen gas may be
produced in a hot water system that has not
been used for two weeks or more. HYDROGEN
GAS IS EXPLOSIVE. If the hot water system has
not been used for such a period of time, turn on
all hot water faucets and let the water flow for
several minutes. This will release any
accumulated hydrogen gas. Since hydrogen
gas is flammable, do not smoke or use an
open flame during this time.
• Remove the door to the wash compartment
• WARNING : This product contains chemicals
known to the State of California to cause cancer
and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Wash hands after handling.
when disposing of an old dishwasher.
BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS