About “memory stick, What is a “memory stick, Note on lcd panel – Sony NV-U83T User Manual
About “Memory Stick”
What is a “Memory Stick”?
“Memory Stick” is a compact-size IC recording
medium with a large capacity. It has been
designed not only for exchanging/sharing digital
data among “Memory Stick” compatible
products, but also for serving as an insertable/
removable external storage medium that can save
Types of “Memory Stick Duo” that
the system can use
With the system, you can use the following types
of “Memory Stick Duo.”*
• “Memory Stick Duo” (Not compatible with
• “MagicGate Memory Stick Duo”*
• “Memory Stick PRO Duo”*
*1 The system has been demonstrated as operable
with a “Memory Stick Duo” with a capacity of 8 GB
or smaller. However, we do not guarantee the
operations of all the “Memory Stick Duo” media.
*2 “MagicGate Memory Stick Duo” and “Memory Stick
PRO Duo” are equipped with MagicGate functions.
MagicGate is copyright protection, using
encryption technology. Data with MagicGate
protection cannot be played with this unit.
• This system does not support parallel high-speed
• Standard-size “Memory Stick” cannot be used in this
• When using a “Memory Stick Duo,” make sure to
check correct insertion direction. Wrong usage may
cause trouble with the system.
• Do not insert “Memory Stick Micro” directly into
“Memory Stick PRO” compliant product without M2*
adapter supplied with the media (or sold separately).
If you attempt to insert it without attaching to the
M2* adapter, it may not be able to be removed.
• Do not place the “Memory Stick Duo,” “Memory Stick
Micro,” or M2* adapter within the reach of children to
prevent them from swallowing it by accident.
• Avoid removing the “Memory Stick Duo” from the
system while the system is reading or writing data.
• Data may be damaged in such occasions:
– “Memory Stick Duo” is removed or the system is
turned off during a read or write operation.
– “Memory Stick Duo” is used in a location subject to
static electricity or electrical noises.
• We recommend that you backup any important data.
• Do not bend, drop or apply strong shock to the
“Memory Stick Duo.”
• Do not disassemble or modify the “Memory Stick
• Do not allow the “Memory Stick Duo” to get wet.
• Do not use or store the “Memory Stick Duo” in a
location that is subject to:
– Extremely high temperature, such as in a car
parked in the sun
– Direct sunlight
– High humidity or places with corrosive substances
• Do not touch the “Memory Stick Duo” connector with
your finger or metallic objects.
• You cannot record, edit or delete data if you slide the
write-protect switch to LOCK.
• When you slide the write-protect switch of the
“Memory Stick Duo,” use a thin-pointed device.
• When you use a “Memory Stick Duo” without the
write-protect switch, be careful not to edit or delete
the data by accident.
• When you write on the memo area of the attached
label, do not write forcefully.
• When you carry or store the “Memory Stick Duo,” put
it in the case supplied with it.
* Abbreviation for “Memory Stick Micro.”
Note on LCD panel
Some stationary blue, red or green dots may
appear on the monitor. These are called “bright
spots,” and can happen with any LCD. The LCD
panel is precision-manufactured with more than
99.99 % of its segments functional. However, it
is possible that a small percentage (typically
0.01 %) of the segments may not light up
properly. This will not, however, interfere with