Introduction, Important, English – Sharp UP-X200 User Manual
Thank you very much for your purchase of the SHARP model UP-X200 Mobile Terminal.
Please read this manual carefully before operating your Mobile Terminal. Please keep this manual for
• Keep this terminal away from extreme heat. Do not leave it on the dashboard of a car or near a
heater. Do not leave it in any place that is extremely damp or dusty.
The use of such locations could cause damage to the cabinet and the electronic components.
• Avoid dropping this terminal or subjecting it to extreme shocks.
The terminal complies with a tested drop resistance specification (drop from 1m to concrete floor), we
however recommend not to drop or expose the terminal to any strong shock.
Especially, several drops from the tested height or the drop onto any projecting objects may cause
damage to the terminal and it’s electronic components.
• Do not apply excessive pressure to the LCD display. Do not use a sharp-pointed object on the
This may cause damage to the LCD display.
• When cleaning this terminal, use a clean, dry, soft cloth. Never use solvents, such as benzine or
The use of such chemicals will lead to discoloration or deterioration of the cabinet.
• Use this terminal only with SHARP model EA-BL08 batteries.
The use of other batteries could cause the terminal to malfunction.
• If the terminal malfunctions, call your local authorized dealer for service. Do not try to repair the
When handling the batteries, please observe the following guidelines:
• Do not dispose of the batteries in a fire. Also keep the battery away from open flames.
• Never attempt to disassemble the battery pack.
• Do not short-circuit the UP-X200 battery terminals as they will become very hot and will damage the
• Do not drop or subject the battery to shock.
• After storing the battery for a long period of time, be sure to charge the battery completely prior to use.
• Charge the battery properly, according to the details described in this manual.
• If fluid from a leaking battery accidentally entering an eye could result in serious injury. Should this occur,
wash with clean water and immediately consult a doctor.
• Should fluid from a leaking battery come into contact with your skin or clothes, immediately wash with
• For battery disposal, follow the corresponding law in your country.
In the U.S.A., Canada only
CONTAINS LITHIUM-ION BATTERY. MUST BE DISPOSED OF PROPERLY. CONTACT LOCAL
AGENCIES FOR INFORMATION ON RECYCLING AND DISPOSAL PLANS IN YOUR AREA.
In the USA
This product utilizes tin-lead solder, and fluorescent lamps containing a small amount of mercury.
Disposal of these materials may be regulated due to environmental considerations.
For disposal or recycling information, please contact your local authorities or the Electronics
Industries Alliance: www.eiae.org
04.7.15, 3:00 PM