Figure 6, Replacing the power supply, Figure 7 – Dell PowerEdge Rack Enclosure 2410 User Manual
Page 7: Cable routing without a cma
Cable Routing Procedures for Dell PowerEdge T620 Systems
2. Remove the tray from underneath the CMA as described in the CMA Installation Instructions.
3. Disengage the strain relief and disconnect the power cord from the power supply.
4. Replace the power supply as shown in Figure 6.
5. Plug in the power cord, re-engage the strain relief, replace the CMA support tray, and return the
CMA to the closed (retracted) position.
Replacing the power supply
Section 3: Cabling a PowerEdge T620 system without a CMA
NOTE: The CMA for Dell PowerEdge T620 is optional. Without the CMA installed, the system must be
powered down and all cables disconnected before it can be extended out of the rack.
1. Connect all applicable cables to the rear of the system and verify that all connections are secure.
2. Using the hook-and-loop straps supplied with the rail kit, bundle the cables and secure them to
either the left or right CMA attachment bracket as described in the Rack Installation Instructions.
See Figure 7 for an example of data cables secured to the right CMA bracket and power cables
secured to the left CMA bracket (as viewed from the rear of the system).
3. It is recommended that the cables be secured to the outer brackets, but cables may be secured to
the inner brackets as well if desired.
Cable routing without a CMA