ITW Linx SecureLinx PTZ User Manual
Warning, Do not install during a lightning storm, Installation instructions
This product is not intended for direct outdoor exposure to the
elements, use a NEMA 4X rated or comparable enclosure for
* Low voltage power, data and video surge protection *
Do not install during a lightning storm
Models: MSL-PTZ-UTP / MSL-PTZ-BAL / MSL-PTZ-BNC
1. Check the power, data and video signals before product installation to verify
signal integrity and no video distortion.
2. Power down and disconnect the circuit before beginning installation.
3. Determine a location for the protector mounting between the field wiring from
the camera and the equipment to be protected.
NOTE: Allow for the surge protector reaction time by providing at least 6ft
(1.5 meters) of conductor length between the SecureLinx unit and
the equipment to be protected.
4. Securely mount the protector unit on a solid surface between the field wiring
from the camera and the equipment to be protected, using provided screws.
5. If the protector is to be used as a stand-alone, for the ground connection, connect
a minimum #14 AWG wire from the ground terminal tab to common earth ground
with 1 ohm or less (0.5 ohms preferred). Use a single ground for the protector
and the protected equipment to eliminate differences in ground potential.
6. For video protection, connect the unprotected video cable input from the camera
to the BNC (or UTP) camera unprotected VIDEO side of the protector. Connect
the video cable from the equipment (DVR) to the protected VIDEO side of the
7. For data protection, connect the data wires from the camera to the unprotected
DATA terminals of the protector. Connect wires from the protected DATA terminals
to the equipment to be protected.
8. For 24VAC (or 12VDC) power protection, connect the supply wire from the
camera to the unprotected PWR terminals. Connect the power supply wires to
the protected PWR terminals.
9. After all connections have been made and no hazards exist, restore power.
10. Check the POWER, DATA and VIDEO signals after installation of the
MSL-PTZ-xxx protector to insure proper install and no signal distortion.