Nextteq Airflow Test Kit User Manual
Nextteq Accessories for air
P/N NSD0X0000003 / NSD0X0000004
Revision: 08/21/08 C
8406 Benjamin Rd., Suite J
Tampa, FL 33634 USA
Toll free Tel: (877) 312-2333 / (813) 249-5888
Toll free Fax: (877) 312-2444 / (813) 249-0188
www.nextteq.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
AIRFLOW TEST KIT
Part No. 2106 (Entire Kit) / Part No. NST0X0002106 (Tubes Only)
Test Method Description from the OSHA Tuberculosis Control Training & Resource Guide:
1. Before using this product, read, understand, and comply with all labels, warnings, operating instructions, MSDS, and other
literature accompanying the product before use. Failure to comply with all labels, warnings, operating instructions, MSDS,
and other literature could result in serious injury.
2. Keep Nextteq LLC – MSDS P/N 90050 Rev. C, Dated August 21, 2008 for reference and training:
3. Wear eye protection and chemical resistant gloves in accordance with OSHA standards and good practice before using
4. Remove the aspirator bulb, black plastic tubing, and one plastic smoke tube from the Nextteq carrying case.
NOTE: To increase density of smoke, at temperatures colder than 40ºF/4.44ºC, we recommend that the tube be warmed with
the hand during use.
5. Connect the black plastic tubing to the aspirator bulb, then insert the black plastic tubing into the end of the smoke tube.
6. Break the two (2) ampoules in the plastic smoke tube by gently squeezing each glass ampoule.
NOTE: When the ampoules are manually crushed, aspirated airflow causes mixing of the released vapors, which react to
form Ethylenediamine acetate smoke.
7. The airflow tube should be held in the following position in relation to the door:
Parallel to the door (not aimed toward it)
Close to the floor
Centered in the middle of the door
Approximately two (2) inches in front of the door
NOTE: The tube should NOT be aimed toward the door and the smoke should NOT be blown directly into the isolation room.
8. Slowly squeeze the aspirator bulb pump to make small puffs of smoke, then observe the resulting direction of airflow.
NOTE: Minimize the momentum of the smoke by squeezing the bulb slowly, which will also help minimize the volume of
9. Repeat the test at least once or until consistent results are obtained.
10. For occupied isolation rooms, release smoke from the corridor side of the door only.
Smoke Tube Specifications:
Operating Temperature Range
Operating Humidity Range
10-80% RH, non condensing
Storage Temperature Range
Storage Humidity Range
10-80% RH, non condensing
Reuse of Tube
Plug ends of tube with rubber stoppers after first use if you plan on using the
tube again. Tubes need to be reused within 24 hours. Dispose of tubes after
24 hours if not reused.
5 years from the date of shipment from Nextteq if stored correctly.
Required Storage Conditions
Store in a cool dry location out of direct sunlight.
Seal ends of exhausted tubes and dispose in accordance with local, state, and
Read, understand, and comply with all labels, warnings, operating instructions, MSDS, and other literature accompanying the product before use. Failure to
comply with all labels, warnings, operating instructions, MSDS, and other literature could result in serious injury.
Operate the product in strict compliance with the manufacturer’s specifications and operating instructions.
Be thoroughly familiar with this product, the manufacturer’s instructions, warnings, and associated equipment before using this product. Keep the Nextteq
LLC Material Safety Data Sheet, MSDS P/N 90050 Rev. 8 B, Dated August 5, 2008 for reference and training.
Inspect the product and associated equipment for damage or defects before using this product. DO NOT use this product if this product or associated
equipment is damaged or defective.
DO NOT remove, alter, or cover any label, instruction, or warning when using this product.
Wear chemical resistant safety gloves in accordance with OSHA standards and good practice when using this product.
Wear eye protection in accordance with OSHA standards and good practice when exposed to smoke or fumes.
When operating the aspirator bulb pump, slowly and gently compress the bulb half way to minimize smoke momentum and smoke volume.
Keep all bystanders away from this product during use or testing.
10. Smoke trail visualization isolation room testing should be performed in strict compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
11. DO NOT spray smoke or fumes of smoke tube under doors unless you have first checked to ensure the smoke will not be blown onto unprotected persons.