SilentKnight SKE-ZN6 Zone Splitter User Manual
Ske-zn6 zone splitter installation instructions, Compatibility, Mounting
SKE-ZN6 Zone Splitter Installation
The SKE-ZN64 is an evacuation zone splitter for
use with the SKE-450. The SKE-ZN6 is capable
of splitting the audio output from the main amp
into six separate audio output zones or channels.
The SKE-ZN6 can be used in installations where
the audio must to be split to different floors or
zones to accommodate a safe and efficient
Note: Installation and wiring of this device must be done in
accordance with NFPA 72 and local ordinances.
The SKE-ZN6 is compatible with the SKE-450
1. Unlock and open the SKE-450 control panel
2. Open the control panel cover door by
removing the two retaining screws and
rotating the door to the left. See Figure 1.
Figure 1: SKE-450 Cabinet With Control Panel Cover In
3. Remove the SKE-ZN6 access plate.
4. Mount the SKE-ZN6 to the SKE-450 cabinet
mounting standoffs with the 7/10” screw-in
Figure 2: SKE-ZN6 Mounting Standoff Locations
5. Connect wiring harness to the expansion
connector on the SKE-450 and to the direct
connect pins on the SKE-ZN6. See Figure 3.
Note: Speaker outputs of the SKE-450 must not be used with the
SKE-ZN6 because supervision will not be provided at the
Figure 3: View With SKE-ZN6 Installed
6. Wire speaker to zone outputs as required by
the installation specifications. See the
Speaker Wiring section.
7. Attach the cover plate to the SKE-ZN6. See