Important safeguards, Save these instructions, User maintenance instructions – FARBERWARE PROGRAMMABLE COFFEEMAKER FCM12SS User Manual
1. Fill the Carafe with 1 part white vinegar to 3 parts cold water. Pour
water and vinegar solution into the Water Chamber.
2. Place a paper filter in the Removable Filter Basket then close the
Lid. Place Carafe on Warming Plate. Press the Power Select Button
NOTE: During cleaning, more steam will occur than during
3. KEEP THE COFFEEMAKER ON UNTIL HALF THE WATER HAS
CYCLED THROUGH THE COFFEEMAKER, AS CAN BE VIEWED
THROUGH THE WATER LEVEL INDICATOR. Press the Power
Select Button to OFF. When liquid stops dripping from the
Removable Filter Basket into the Carafe, remove the Carafe and
allow the liquid to cool for 10 minutes. When cooled, pour liquid
back into the Water Chamber.
4. Return Carafe to the Warming Plate.
5. Press the Power Select ON/OFF Button ON. Repeat procedure,
allowing all the cleaning solution to empty into the Carafe. After
dripping has stopped, discard contents in Carafe.
6. After allowing the Coffeemaker to cool for 10 minutes, rinse it out
by brewing a Carafe full of cold water. Make sure to insert a fresh
filter into the Removable Filter Basket before brewing.
7. At the end of the brew cycle, press the Power Select Button to
OFF. Discard water in the Carafe. Remove used filter and wash the
Carafe, Carafe Lid and Removable Filter Basket in warm, soapy
water. Rinse well and dry.
8. When the Coffeemaker has cooled, wipe exterior with a dry cloth.
GLASS CARAFE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
1. Do not use a cracked Carafe having a loose or weakened Handle.
2. This Carafe is designed to be used only on the Warming Plate of
your Coffeemaker. Do not use on a conventional oven.
3. To avoid breakage, handle Carafe with care. Avoid impact.
Glass will break as a result of impact. Use care when filling with
water to avoid hitting faucet.
4. Do not place hot Carafe on cool or wet surface. Allow to cool
before washing or adding liquids.
5. Do not set empty Carafe on a hot heating surface. Do not clean
with steel wool pads, abrasive cleanser, or any other materials that
6. Do not bump, scratch, or boil dry.
7. Discard Carafe if it is cracked, scratched, or heated while empty
for an extended period of time.
USER MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should
always be followed, including the following:
1. Read all instructions.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
3. To protect against electric shock, do not place cord, plugs, or
appliance in water or other liquid.
4. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by
or near children.
5. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning.
Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before
cleaning the appliance.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or
after the appliance malfunctions, or has been damaged in any
manner. Contact Consumer Service for examination, repair or
7. The use of an accessory not evaluated for use with this
appliance may cause injuries.
8. Do not use outdoors.
9. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch
10. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a
11. To disconnect, press the Power Select ON/OFF Button OFF,
then remove plug from wall outlet.
12. Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
13. Be certain Lids are securely in place before operating
14. Scalding may occur if the Lids are removed during the brewing
15. The Carafe is designed for use with this appliance. It must
never be used on a range top.
16. Do not set a hot Carafe on a wet or cold surface.
17. Do not use a cracked Carafe or a Carafe having a loose or
18. Do not clean Carafe with cleansers, steel wool pads, or other
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
THIS PRODUCT IS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
FBW_FCM12SS_IB_5-1-06 1/5/06 3:14 PM Page 3