Sony SCPH-75006 User Manual
Connecting with a network cable
Do not connect network cables or telephone cords of the following types to the
• Network cables not appropriate for use with a 10Base-T/100Base-TX network
• Standard residential telephone lines
• Any ISDN (digital) compatible phone or data line
• PBX phone lines
• Other "unknown" types of telephone lines
• Do not touch the disc surface when handling a disc; hold it by the edges.
• Do not stick paper or tape onto discs and do not write on discs.
• Fingerprints, dust, dirt or scratches on the disc can distort the picture or reduce
sound quality. Always handle carefully and make sure discs are clean before use.
• Do not leave discs near a heat source, in direct sunlight or in high humidity.
• Store discs in their cases when not in use.
• Clean discs using a soft cloth, lightly wiping from the center outwards.
Do not use solvents such as benzine, commercially available cleaners not intended
for CDs or anti-static spray intended for vinyl LPs.
• Do not leave a disc in the console when moving or changing the position of the
• Do not use irregularly shaped discs (for example, heart- or star-shaped discs) or
damaged, re-shaped or repaired discs.
Never disassemble the console or supplied accessories
Use the PlayStation
2 console and accessories according to the instructions in this
manual. No authorization for the analysis or modification of the console, or the
analysis and use of its circuit configurations, is provided. There are no user-
serviceable components inside the PlayStation
2 console. Disassembling the
console will void the warranty. Additionally, there is a risk of exposure to laser
radiation as well as to electrical shock hazards.
When connecting the console to a plasma or projection* TV
Do not leave a still image on the TV screen for an extended period of time, as this
may leave a faint image permanently on the screen.
* Except LCD screen types
If the console or disc is brought directly from a cold location to a warm one, moisture
may condense on the lens inside the console or on the disc. Should this occur, the
console may not operate properly. In this case, remove the disc and turn off and
unplug the console. Do not put the disc back in until the moisture evaporates (this
may take several hours). If the console still does not operate properly, call the
service line at the number listed on your warranty card for technical
• For safety reasons, before cleaning the console or connected accessories, 1) turn
off the console, 2) disconnect the mains power plug for the console from the
electrical outlet, and 3) remove the network cable from the network connector.
• If the exterior of the console becomes dirty, soak a soft cloth in a mild detergent
solution diluted with water, tightly squeeze the cloth to remove the excess liquid,
wipe the affected area of the exterior, and finish by wiping with a dry cloth.
• Do not use solvents or other chemicals to clean the console exterior, since these
may damage the surface. When using a chemically-treated cleaning cloth, follow
the usage instructions supplied with the cloth.
• When dust accumulates in the console vents, remove the dust with a low-powered
• Do not touch the lens located inside the disc cover. To help protect the lens from
dust, keep the disc cover closed except when inserting or removing discs.
Differences with previous PlayStation
This version of the PlayStation
2 console may be different from
previous models in compatibility with optional accessories and the
method of operating game software. For full details call the
service line at the number listed on your warranty card.