Important safeguards, Save these instructions – FARBERWARE MIXER FSM126EM User Manual
OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cups butter, softened
1-1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
4 cups quick or old fashioned oats
1-1/2 cups raisins
Yield: 4 dozen cookies or 3 cookie bars
Bake Time: 12-15 minutes
Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl and set aside. Attach the
Beaters and cream the butter on Speed 5 for 2 minutes.
Add both sugar and beat on Speed 5 for 2 minutes. Add eggs and
continue to beat on Speed 7 for 2 minutes. Eject Beaters and attach
Cookie Dough Hooks. Add half of flour mixture and mix on Speed 3 for
2 to 3 minutes. Add remaining flour mixture and mix on Speed 3 for 2
minutes. Add 1-1/2 cups oatmeal and mix on Speed 5, gradually adding
remaining oatmeal until well mixed. Allow to mix for 2 minutes. Reduce
to Speed 1, add raisins, and stir until mixed.
Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet and bake as directed.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should
always be followed including the following:
1. Read all instructions.
2. To protect against risk of electrical shock do not put cord, plugs,
or appliance in water or other liquid.
3. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or
4. Unplug from outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking
off parts, and before cleaning.
5. Avoid contacting moving parts.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or
after the appliance malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in
any manner. Contact Consumer Service for examination, repair
or electrical or mechanical adjustment.
7. The use of attachments not recommended or sold by the
manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury.
8. Do not use outdoors.
9. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter.
10. Do not let cord contact hot surface, including the stove.
11. Keep hands, hair, clothing, as well as spatulas and other utensils
away from Beaters, Cookie Dough Hooks or Whisk during
operation to reduce the risk of injury to persons and/or damage
to the Mixer.
12. Remove Beaters, Cookie Dough Hooks or Whisk from Mixer
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
FBW_FSM126M_IB_2-8-04 08/02/2004 14:16 Page 3