Troubleshooting, General, Additional information 12 – Pioneer S-DV440 User Manual
Incorrect operations are often mistaken for trouble and malfunctions. If you think that there is
something wrong with this component, check the points below. Sometimes the trouble may lie in
another component. Investigate the other components and electrical appliances being used. If the
trouble cannot be rectified even after exercising the checks listed below, ask your nearest Pioneer
authorized service center or your dealer to carry out repair work.
• If the system does not operate normally due to external effects such as static electricity
disconnect the power plug from the outlet and insert again to return to normal operating
The power does not
• Connect the power plug to the wall outlet.
• Disconnect the power plug from the outlet, and insert again.
• Make sure there are no loose strands of speaker wire touching the rear
panel. This could cause the system to shut off automatically.
No sound is output
when a function is
• If you’re using the line input, make sure the component is connected
Connecting auxiliary components
on page 52).
on the remote control to turn muting off.
• Adjust the
No image is output
when playing discs.
• Make sure the TV is connected correctly (refer to the Setup Guide).
• Reset the video output to interlace (see
Video Output settings
on page 48).
No sound from
surround or center
• Refer to
Setting the channel levels
on page 45 to check the speaker levels.
• Check that you haven’t selected the
sound mode (see
on page 25).
• Connect the speakers properly (refer to the Setup Guide).
Can’t operate the
• Replace the batteries (refer to the Setup Guide).
• Operate within 23 ft. (7 m), 30° of the remote sensor on the front panel (refer
to the Setup Guide).
• Remove any obstacles or operate from another position.
• Avoid exposing the remote sensor on the front panel to direct light.
• You won’t be able to use the remote sensor of this unit with the
jack of this unit connected to the
jack of your plasma
display. You can use the remote sensor of the plasma display (even in
standby) as long as the power isn’t switched off.
XV-DV323.book 62 ページ ２００４年２月１０日 火曜日 午後６時１０分