Nady Systems SM300A User Manual
Sm-300a, Features, instructions & technical data, Active near field studio monitor speaker
Congratulations for your purchase of the SM-300A — you have just purchased
one of the finest studio monitor speakers on the market today. The SM-300A was
developed using the expertise of professional sound engineers and working
musicians. You will find your new NADY AUDIO speaker has superior performance
and greater flexibility than any other similar speaker in its price range.
We recommend that you read this instruction sheet carefully to get the most out of
your new unit. Thanks for selecting NADY AUDIO and the SM-300A as your
choice in studio monitor speakers.
Offering exceptional quality and ultra-detailed sound, solid construction, and
unbeatable affordability, the SM-300A speakers from Nady are the best value
available in studio monitors — and perfect for all pro and project studios.
• SM-300A: Active near field monitor with built-in 150W bi-amped power
(85W for LF, 65W for HF)
• Clear, transparent sound and full linear frequency response (40Hz—
20KHz) for perfectly balanced mixes that translate accurately to any
• Vertically aligned 2-way near field monitor with 8" woofer and 1" Ferro
fluid-cooled soft dome shielded tweeter—both magnetically shielded for
non-interfering operation near video monitors
• Bass-reflex loaded with 2.5" tuned cylindrical port for optimized linear
• Curved front baffle for reduced HF diffraction effects and excellent
imaging not possible with conventional square-edged baffles
• Heavy-duty cabinet construction, with 1.5" thick front baffle, offers
increased structural integrity and stiffness for clean and articulate
performance even at high SPL levels
• XLR and 1/4" TRS balanced/unbalanced inputs
• Volume control, ON / OFF Blue LED, Red Clipping LED
• Dimension and weight: 16"x 9.5"x 11.75" (40 x 26.5 x 30.4 cm),
29.5 lbs (13.40 Kg)
W A R N I N G S
• Read all instructions before using the product.
• This product may be capable of producing sound levels that could cause
permanent hearing loss. Do not operate for a long period of time at a high
volume level or at a level that is uncomfortable. If you experience any
hearing loss or ringing in the ears, you should consult an audiologist.
• To avoid damage to the drivers, never overload the speaker.
• To avoid the risk of fire, do not ever expose the speaker to a source of
naked flames. Also, it should be located away from heat sources such as
radiators, heat vents, or other devices (including amplifiers) that produce
• The product should be positioned so that proper ventilation is maintained.
• This speaker is designed for indoor use only. Do not expose to weather or
high humidity, rain, etc.
• Care should be taken so that objects do not fall into, and liquids are not
spilled through, the enclosure’s openings. Do not place containers of liquids
on the speaker.
• Don’t place any heavy appliance or object on the speaker enclosure.
• This unit is to be installed by qualified personnel only.
• This product should be serviced by qualified service personnel if:
A. Objects have fallen into, or liquid has been spilled onto the product.
B. The product has been exposed to rain.
C. The product does not appear to operate normally or exhibits
a marked change in performance.
D. The product has been dropped, or the enclosure damaged.
• Do not attempt to service this unit. All servicing should be referred to
qualified service personnel.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using this speaker, basic precautions should always be taken, including the following:
& Technical Data
Active Near Field Studio Monitor Speaker
F E A T U R E S