NITECORE EC1 User Manual
User manual, Features, Dimensions
• CREE XP-G2 (R5) LED
• Maximum output of up to 330 lumens
• High efficiency constant current circuit enables maximum run time of up to
• 5 brightness levels
• Momentary push-on strobe and SOS modes
• Dual electronic switches ensure very easy user interface
• Secondary red light mode (0.2 lumen)
• Power indicator light also serves as a battery voltage indicator (accurate to
• Power indicator light serves as standby indicator light when powered down
• Broad voltage circuit accepts both rechargeable and non-rechargeable
• Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with dual-side anti-reflective coating
• Elaborate alloy reflector is purpose-designed for exceptionally long throw
• Constructed from aero grade aluminum alloy
• HAIII military grade hard-anodized
• Stainless steel bezel retaining ring protects core components from damage
• Detachable two-way anti-rolling clip
• Waterproof in accordance with IPX-8 (2 meters submersible)
• Tail stand function
Length: 65mm (2.56”)
Head Diameter: 25.4mm (1”)
Tail Diameter: 22mm (0.86”)
Weight: 42.5g (1.5oz)(without battery)
Quality holster, lanyard, spare O-ring
EC1 is compatible with primary CR123 Lithium batteries and 3.7V
rechargeable CR123 Li-ion batteries. When installing battery, EC1’s
built-in MCU will automatically detect the installed battery type, and then
automatically select the best suited driving data and battery capacity
Always ensure batteries are inserted with the positive (+) ends pointing
toward the flashlight head. If incorrectly installed, the flashlight will not
To switch ON: Press the “ON/OFF” button once to turn the light on.
To switch OFF: Press the “ON/OFF” button once again to turn the light
Note: When EC1 is off, the power indicator (red light) will flash once
every 3 seconds to act as a locator. In this mode, the EC1 consumes a
very little amount of current (about 0.2mA) to maintain working of the
built-in MCU and power indicator. In this mode, 1 CR123 battery will last
about 1 year.
With the flashlight switched on, each time you press the “MODE” button,
it will go through the different preset brightness modes as follows:
ultra-low mode→low mode→medium mode→high mode then repeat. In
this mode, the flashlight has a memory function. It can memorize the
selected brightness after turning the light off. The next time turning on
the light, it automatically resumes to the previously selected mode.
Entering Turbo Mode
With the flashlight switched on, press the “MODE” button for more than 1
Second, EC1 will enter Turbo mode. Press the MODE button again, the
flashlight will retreat from turbo brightness and resume to previous
brightness. In Turbo mode EC1 circuit will deliver maximum current to
make brightness as high as possible.
Thanks for purchasing NITECORE!
The stated data has been measured in accordance with the international
flashlight testing standards ANSI/NEMA FL1, using SYSMAX CR123 battery
(3V, 1550mAH) under laboratory conditions. The data may vary in real-world
use due to different battery usage or environmental conditions.
1. Unscrew (counterclockwise) and remove the tail cap.
2. Insert one lithium CR123 or RCR123 li-ion battery with the positive
pole of the battery pointing toward the head.
3. Replace the tail cap and fasten tightly
Primary Lithium battery
Rechargeable Lithium battery
Brightness & Runtime
(Peak Beam Intensity)
(Waterproof AND Submersible)
1. After 3 minutes working in Turbo mode, the flashlight will automatically
restore to the previously selected brightness level to safeguard against
2. While activating Turbo mode, the brightness level increases about 90
lumens. Due to adaptability of human eyes, brightness increase may
not be apparent within close range observation. In real-world usage,
Turbo mode can help EC1 throw to a longer range.
Entering Strobe and SOS Mode
With the light switched off, press the “ON/OFF” button for more than 1
second to enter Strobe mode. In strobe mode, press any button (ON/OFF
or MODE) to exit strobe and switch the light off.
With the light switched off, press the “MODE” button for more than 1
second to enter SOS mode. In SOS mode, press any button (ON/OFF or
MODE) to switch off the light and quit SOS mode.
Red Light Mode
With the light switched off, press the “MODE” button to enter red light
mode. In this mode, the power indicator will continuously emit red light
(0.2 lumens). Press the “MODE” button once again to quit the red light
With the light switched on, press the ON/OFF button for over 1 second to
enter lockout mode. In lockout mode, EC1 power source system will shut
down most of the circuit components to reduce its power consumption.
The MCU only consumes a small amount of power. The red light indicator
also switches off to save energy. Under this mode, the maximum
consuming current is about 0.1mA, which ensures 1 CR123 battery can
last for around 2 years. In lockout mode, the 2 buttons on EC1 will not
work, which can prevent the light from being turned on accidentally.
To exit lockout mode, simply press the ON/OFF button for more than 1
1. When entering lockout mode, the red light indicator light will
continuously flash to notify you of battery voltage. Please refer to the
“Power Indication” section below.
2. When EC1 is kept in a backpack or left unused for extended periods,
Nitecore recommends the bezel is loosened to cut off the power entirely,
thus saving battery power and preventing accidental activation of the
With the light switched on, and when the battery power has been
consumed by about 50%, the power indicator light (on the control panel)
will flash once every 6 seconds as a reminder of battery capacity.
When the battery power is almost depleted, the power indicator light will
flash 3 times every 3 seconds to indicate low battery capacity.
When entering lockout mode, the power indicator will automatically detect
and notify you of battery voltage (accurate to ±0.1V) with a series of
flashes. For example, if the battery voltage is 4.2V, the indicator will flash
4 times, followed by a 1 second pause and then another 2 flashes.
If battery level is low, the red power indicator light will flash three times
every 3 seconds. If the power level is critically low, the light will become
very dim and unresponsive to brightness adjustment. A replacement
battery is required at this time.
Every 6 months, the threads should be wiped with a clean cloth followed
by a thin coating of silicon-based lubricant.
All NITECORE® products are warranted for quality. DOA / defective
products can be exchanged for replacement though a local
distributor/dealer within the 14 days of purchase. After 14 days, all
defective / malfunctioning NITECORE® products will be repaired free of
charge for a period of 18 months from the date of purchase. After 18
months, a limited warranty applies, covering the cost of labor and
maintenance, but not the cost of accessories or replacement parts. The
warranty is nullified in all of the following situations:
1. The product(s) is/are broken down, reconstructed and/or modified by
2. The product(s) is/are damaged through improper use.
3. The product(s) is/are damaged by leakage of batteries.
For the latest information on NITECORE® products and services, please
contact your national NITECORE® distributor or visit our official website:
The All-Round Flashlight Expert