NITECORE EA2 User Manual
User manual, Features, Dimensions
• CREE XP-G2 (R5) LED
• Maximum output of up to 320 lumens
• High efficiency constant current circuit enables maximum run time of up to
• 5 brightness levels
• Momentary push-on strobe and SOS modes
• Dual electronic switches ensure very easy user interface
• Secondary red light mode (0.2 lumens)
• Power indicator light also serves as battery voltage indicator (accurate to
• Power indicator light serves as standby indicator light when powered down
• Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with dual-side anti-reflective coating
• Elaborate alloy reflector is purpose-designed for exceptionally long throw
• Constructed from aero grade aluminum alloy
• HAIII military grade hard-anodized
• Stainless steel bezel retaining ring protects core components from damage
• Detachable two-way anti-rolling clip
• Waterproof in accordance with IPX-8 (2 meters submersible)
• Tail stand function
Length: 131mm (5.16”)
Head Diameter: 25.4mm (1”)
Tail Diameter: 19mm (0.75”)
Weight: 64g (2.26oz)(without battery)
Quality holster, lanyard, spare O-ring
Always ensure batteries are inserted with the positive (+) end pointing
toward the flashlight head. If incorrectly installed, the flashlight will not
To switch ON: Press the “ON/OFF” button once to turn the light on.
To switch OFF: Press the “ON/OFF” button once again to turn the light
Note: When EA2 is off, the power indicator (red light) will flash once
every 3 seconds to act as a locator. In this mode, the EA2 consumes a
very little amount of current (about 0.15mA) to maintain working of the
built-in MCU and power indicator. In this mode, two AA batteries will last
about 2 years.
With the flashlight switched on, each time you press the “MODE” button,
it will go through the different preset brightness levels as follows:
ultra-low mode→low mode→medium mode→high mode and repeat. In
these modes, the flashlight has memory function. It can memorize the
selected brightness after turning the light off, and the next time you turn
on the light, it will automatically resume the previously selected mode.
Entering Turbo Mode
With the flashlight switched on, press the “MODE” button for more than 1
Second. EA2 will enter Turbo mode. Press the MODE button again, and
the flashlight will retreat from turbo brightness and resume to previous
brightness. In Turbo mode the EA2 circuit will deliver maximum current to
make brightness as high as possible.
1. After 3 minutes working in Turbo mode, the flashlight will automatically
restore to the previously selected brightness level to safeguard against
Thanks for purchasing NITECORE!
The stated data has been measured in accordance with the international
flashlight testing standards ANSI/NEMA FL1, using high quality AA Ni-Mh
rechargeable batteries (1.2V, 2500mAH) under laboratory conditions. The
data may vary in real-world use due to different battery usage or
1. Unscrew (counterclockwise) and remove the tail cap.
2. Insert two AA batteries with the positive pole of the batteries pointing
toward the head.
3. Replace the tail cap and fasten tightly.
Brightness & Runtime
2. While activating Turbo mode, the brightness level increases about 100
lumens. Due to adaptability of human eyes, such brightness increase
may not be apparent within close range observation. In real-world
usage, Turbo mode can help EA2 throw to a longer range.
Entering Strobe and SOS Mode
With the light switched off, press the “ON/OFF” button for more than 1
second to enter Strobe mode. In strobe mode, press any button (ON/OFF
or MODE) to exit strobe and switch the light off.
With the light switched off, press the “MODE” button for more than 1
second to enter SOS mode. In SOS mode, press any button (ON/OFF or
MODE) to switch off the light and quit SOS mode.
Red Light Mode
With the light switched off, press the “MODE” button to enter red light
mode. In this mode, the power indicator will continuously emit red light
(0.2 lumens). Press the “MODE” button once again to quit the red light
With the light switched on, press the ON/OFF button for over 1 second to
enter lockout mode. In lockout mode, the EA2 power source system will
shut down most of the circuit components to reduce its power
consumption. The MCU only consumes a small amount of power to
maintain its work. The red light indicator also switches off to save energy.
Under this mode, the maximum consuming current is about 0.1mA, which
ensures two AA batteries can power the light in this mode for around 3
years. In lockout mode, the 2 buttons on EA2 will not work, which can
prevent the light from being turned on accidentally.
To exit lockout mode, simply depress the ON/OFF button for more than 1
1. When entering lockout mode, the red light indicator light will
continuously flash to notify you of battery voltage. Please refer to the
“Power Indication” section below.
2. When EA2 is kept in a backpack or left unused for extended periods,
Nitecore recommends the bezel is loosened to cut off the power entirely,
thus saving battery power and preventing accidental activation of the
The All-Round Flashlight Expert
Primary AA battery
Rechargeable AA battery
Primary AA Lithium battery
Primary FeLiPO4 battery
Rechargeable Li-ion battery
With the light switched on, and when the battery power has been
consumed by about 50%, the power indicator light (on the control panel)
will flash once every 6 seconds as a reminder of battery capacity.
When the battery power is almost depleted, the power indicator light will
flash 3 times every 3 seconds to indicate low battery capacity.
When entering lockout mode, the power indicator will automatically detect
and notify you of battery voltage (accurate to ±0.1V) with a series of
flashes. For example, if the battery voltage is 4.2V, the indicator will flash
4 times, followed by a one second pause and then another 2 flashes.
If battery level is low, the red power indicator light will flash three times
every 3 seconds. If the power level is critically low, the light will become
very dim and unresponsive to brightness adjustment. A replacement
battery is required at this time.
Every 6 months, the threads should be wiped with a clean cloth followed
by a thin coating of silicon-based lubricant.
All NITECORE® products are warranted for quality. DOA / defective
products can be exchanged for replacement though a local
distributor/dealer within the 14 days of purchase. After 14 days, all
defective / malfunctioning NITECORE® products will be repaired free of
charge for a period of 18 months from the date of purchase. After 18
months, a limited warranty applies, covering the cost of labor and
maintenance, but not the cost of accessories or replacement parts. The
warranty is nullified in all of the following situations:
1. The product(s) is/are broken down, reconstructed and/or modified by
2. The product(s) is/are damaged through improper use.
3. The product(s) is/are damaged by leakage of batteries.
For the latest information on NITECORE® products and services, please
contact your national NITECORE® distributor or visit our official website:
(Peak Beam Intensity)
(Waterproof AND Submersible)