Konica Minolta bizhub C451 User Manual
Konica Minolta Printers
F I E R Y S Y S T E M 8 e - Q u i c k r e f e r e n c e FIERY SYSTEM 8e RELEASE 2
Fiery System 8e New & Enhanced Features, Advantages & Benefits
KEY FUNCTIONS & FEATURES
• Offers Backup Client Settings and Restore to
the same Fiery.
• Provides setup information.
• Provides list of users.
• Reduces support by automating restoration
• Eliminates downtime and expedites system
• User definable settings are protected
in the event of re-installation or
updates to system software, saving
time during restoration and enabling a
• Updates downloaded to Fiery automatically:
• Administrator/user notified via
• Allows for scheduled automatic installation
at preset time of day:
Restarts Fiery automatically as
• Administrator can disable auto download
Administrator can initiate manual
• Fiery utilities like Impose and Hot Folders are
updated in the same way the MS and driver
updates are retrieved and installed.
• Ensures the most current Fiery and MS
Operating system software for optimum
operation and protection, maximizing
system up-time and integrity.
• Ensures that Fiery utilities are up to date.
• Keeps the Fiery up to date either
without user intervention or by manual
• Protects Fiery from infection, ensuring
• Administrators can be assured they
have the latest version of any Fiery
utilities and have the ability to install
them without having to call a support
representative or the need for handling
CDs or DVDs.
• Connects USB mass storage devices to Fiery
• USB Thumb drives.
• USB adapters for removable media (such
as compact flash, smart media and
• USB hard drives.
• USB CD drives.
• Native Document Conversion:
• Automatic conversion and printing of
Microsoft Office native files.
• Word, PowerPoint, and Excel:
Converted to Postscript.
Printed through Fiery job submission
via email attachment or USB media
Note: Native Document Conversion only
applies to jobs submitted to print via
email and USB Media Server.
• LCD browse capability:
• Selecting File - Any supported file on a
USB mass storage device can be
• Submitting file - Menu options below are
available for submitting files once in the
Selected File mode:
• Send to Hold Queue.
• Send to Print Queue.
• Send to Direct Queue.
• Send to <virtual printer queue name>.
• Print with options.
• Open architecture design empowers Fiery
with custom configuration and integration
• Automated Document Conversion is a
unique advantage available only through EFI
and Fiery technologies.
• Increases overall flexibility and
promotes MFP as a Document Portal.
• Offers additional, easy and flexible
way to print files from USB devices.
• Is based on the TwoFish method/algorithm of
• Is commonly accepted industry standard.
• Aligns Fiery security operations with
customer MIS/IT standards.
• Supports Government security requirements.
• Customers realize maximum security
for operation of Fiery and access to
mission critical documents.
• Helps to eliminate unauthorized
operation of Fiery, reducing costs and