Sharp MX-5140N User Manual
For the users of the fax function
Important safety instructions
• If any of your telephone equipment is not operating properly, you should immediately remove
it from your telephone line, as it may cause harm to the telephone network.
• Never install telephone wiring during a lightning storm.
• Never install telephone sockets in wet locations unless the socket is specifi cally designed for
• Never touch uninsulated telephone wires or terminals unless the telephone line has been
disconnected at the network interface.
• Use caution when installing or modifying telephone lines.
• Avoid using a telephone (other than a cordless type) during an electrical storm. There may
be a remote risk of electric shock from lightning.
• Do not use a telephone to report a gas leak in the vicinity of the leak.
• Do not install or use the machine near water, or when you are wet. Take care not to spill any
liquids on the machine.
• Save these instructions.
For complete electrical disconnection, pull out the main plug.
The socket-outlet shall be installed near the equipment and shall be easily accessible.
Shielded interface cables must be used with this equipment to maintain compliance with EMC regulations.
The equipment should be installed near an accessible socket outlet for easy disconnection.
Each instruction also covers the optional units used with these products.
Notice for Users in Europe
Hereby, SHARP ELECTRONICS declares that this Digital Full Colour Mulrifunctional System MX-5141N/MX-5140N/MX-4141N/MX-4140N is in compliance with the essential
requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 1999/5/EC.
The declaration of conformity may be consulted at: