3 advanced settings, Advanced settings – CounterPath Bria iPhone Edition User Guide User Manual
Bria iPhone Edition User Guide
4.3 Advanced Settings
Top of Screen
Middle of the Screen
Bottom of the Screen
If you make changes to the fields identified by a †, you must tap the Apply Changes button at the
bottom of the screen or restart Bria.
Send DTMF using
The method used for DTMF, sent when you press a number key when dealing with an
auto attendant (such as “press 1 for customer service
Enter the value specified by your VoIP service provider.
Tap to display the choices; see below.
• ON (default): audio is not transmitted when no one is speaking. Turning this feature
on may reduce bandwidth usage.
• OFF: audio is transmitted when no one is speaking.
If desired, ask your VoIP service provider if QoS is supported. QoS (Quality of Service)
can allow your phone calls to be given a higher priority on the network.
• ON: When ON and you are using Wi-Fi, then if a narrow-band codec is available, it
will be given a higher priority in the media negotiation with the other person, which
may result in that codec being used.
• OFF: When OFF and you are using Wi-Fi, a narrow-band codec will not be given a
higher priority in the negotiation.
When a narrow-band codec is used, data usage may be lower but audio quality may be
affected. When a wide-bad codec is used, data usage will be higher and audio quality will
generally be better.
When you are using 3G, it does not matter if this setting is ON or OFF because narrow-
band codecs are automatically given higher priority on 3G calls.
Tap to display the choices. Contact your VoIP service provider to identify the types of
transport that are supported.
• UDP and TCP do not support signal encryption.
• TLS does support signal encryption. If TLS is selected, a given call will be encrypted
if the other person also uses TLS. You may also need to install a certificate on your
iPhone; speak to your VoIP service provider.