Adjusting mower level, Operating – John Deere z425 User Manual
Operating - 11
2. Raise mower deck:
3. Insert the pin (A) in the proper hole for the desired height of cut.
4. Lower mower deck.
Adjusting Mower Level
NOTE: Mower wheels should not contact the ground when leveling
1. Park machine safely. (See Parking Safely in the SAFETY section.)
2. Inflate tires to the correct pressure.
3. Set mower to preferred cutting height, and lower deck into the mowing
4. Measure mower level (side-to-side).
Picture Note: A convenient leveling gauge (A) (AM130907) is
available from your dealer.
a.Position mower blades as follows and measure from each outside
blade tip (B) to the level surface.
b.Turn left blade (C) as shown. Hold drive belt and turn right blade (D) as
shown. Take measurement for both blades.
The difference between blade measurements must not be more than 3
mm (1/8 in.).
c.Adjust mower level, if necessary, by turning rear nuts (E) clockwise to
raise the side of the mower deck, or counterclockwise to lower the
5. Measure mower level (front-to-rear).
a.Turn right blade (D) so blade tip points straight forward.
b.Measure from blade tip to the surface. Take measurement for both
blades. The front blade tip must be 3 - 6 mm (1/8 - 1/4 in.) lower than
rear blade tip.
CAUTION: Avoid injury! Rotating blades are dangerous.
Before adjusting or servicing mower:
• Disconnect spark plug wire(s) or battery negative (-) cable to
prevent engine from starting accidently.
• Always wear gloves when handling mower blades or working