Nextteq Chloroform User Manual
Gastec, No. 137ll chloroform detector tube, For safe operation
No. 137LL Chloroform Detector Tube
FOR SAFE OPERATION:
Carefully read this manual and the instruction manual of your Gastec Gas Sampling Pump.
1. Use only Gastec detector tubes in a Gastec Pump.
2. Do not interchange or use non-Gastec parts or components in Gastec’s detector tube
and pump system.
3. Using non-Gastec parts or components in Gastec’s detector tube and pump system or using
a non-Gastec detector tube with a Gastec pump or using a Gastec detector tube with a
non-Gastec pump may damage your detector tube and pump system, or may cause serious
injuries, or death to the end-user; It will also void all warranties; and guarantees regarding
performance and data accuracy.
CAUTION: If you do not observe the following precautions, you may suffer injuries
or damage the product.
1. When breaking the tube ends, keep away from eyes.
2. Do not touch the broken glass tubes, pieces and reagent with bare hand(s).
3. The sampling time represents the time necessary to draw the air sample through the tube.
The tube must be positioned in the desired sampling area for the entire sampling time or until
the flow finish indicator indicates the end of the sampling.
NOTES: For maintaining performance and reliability of the test results, observe the
1. Use Gastec Gas Sampling Pump together with Gastec Detector Tubes only for the purposes
specified in the instruction manual of the detector tube.
2. Use this tube under the temperature range of 0 - 35 (32 – 95
3. Use this tube under the relative humidity range of 0 - 90%.
4. This tube may be interfered with by the coexisting gases. Please refer to the
5. The shelf life and storage conditions of the tube are marked on the label of the box of tube.
6. Do not expose the tube to direct sunlight. Sunlight may discolor the reagent pale purple and
inaccurate measuring result may be given.
APPLICATION OF THE TUBE:
Use this tube for the detecting Chloroform in the air or in the industrial areas and for
determining the environmental atmospheric condition.
(Because of Gastec’s commitment to continued improvement, specifications are subject to
change without notice
0.3 – 4.5 ppm
Number of Pump Stroke
2 minutes per pump stroke
0.2 ppm (n=4)
→ reaction product
Coefficient of Variation: 10% (for 0.3 to 1.5 ppm), 5% (for 1.5 to 4.5 ppm)