Crosman SP01 User Manual
Owner’s manual, Sp01, Airsoft pistol 6mm plastic bbs
6mm Plastic BBs
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS IN THIS
MANUAL BEFORE USING THIS AIRSOFT GUN
Marine Corps trademarks used under license by Crosman Corporation.
7629 Routes 5 & 20
Bloomfield, NY 14469
This is not a toy. Adult supervision is required. Misuse may cause serious
injury, particularly to the eye. Eye protection must be worn by the user and any person in
range. May be dangerous up to 100 yds. Read the owner’s manual before using.
Do not brandish or display this airsoft gun in public – it may confuse people
and may be a crime. Police and others may think it is a firearm. Do not change the coloration
and markings to make it look more like a firearm. That is dangerous and may be a crime.
This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause
cancer and birth defects (and other reproductive harms).
YOU AND OTHERS WITH YOU SHOULD ALWAYS WEAR SHOOTING GLASSES TO PROTECT YOUR EYES.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
THIS AIRSOFT GUN IS INTENDED FOR USE BY THOSE 16 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
BUYER AND USER HAVE THE DUTY TO OBEYALL LAWS ABOUT THE USE AND
OWNERSHIP OF THIS AIRSOFT GUN.
Please read this owner’s manual completely. Remember to treat this airsoft gun with the same respect you would a
firearm. Always carefully follow the safety instructions found in this owner’s manual and keep this manual in a safe
place for future use.
If you have any questions regarding your new airsoft gun, please contact Crosman Customer Service at:
1-800-724-7486, 585-657-6161 or www.crosman.com.
1. Learning the Parts of Your New Airsoft Gun.
Learning the names of the parts of your new airsoft gun will help you to understand your owner’s manual. Use this
manual to increase your enjoyment of this airsoft gun.
B. Front sight
E. Rear sight
G. Grip frame
I. Magazine release
J. Trigger guard
2. Operating the Safety
Keep the airsoft gun in the “ON SAFE” position until you are actually ready
to shoot. Then push the safety to the “OFF SAFE” position.
2.1 To Put the Airsoft Gun “ON SAFE”:
• Locate the safety on the left hand side of the receiver, above the trigger. (Fig. 2)
• Push up on the safety, toward the “S” on the receiver, until it stops.
Even when the safety is “ON SAFE”, you should continue to handle the airsoft gun
safely. Do not ever point the airsoft gun at anything you do not intend to shoot.
2.2 To take the Airsoft Gun “OFF SAFE”:
• Locate the safety on the left side and push down towards the “F” on the
receiver, until it stops. The airsoft gun is ready to fire when “OFF SAFE” (Fig. 2).
3. Loading and Unloading Plastic BBs
Use 6 mm plastic BBs only in this airsoft gun. Use of any other ammunition
can cause injury to you or damage to the airsoft gun.
3. Loading and Unloading Plastic BBs
3.1 Loading Plastic BBs
• Make sure the airsoft pistol is “ON SAFE” (see Step 2A).
• While supporting the bottom of the grip with your hand to catch the magazine,
press the magazine release lever and remove the magazine from the bottom of
the grip frame (Fig. 3).
• Locate the BB guide on the side of the clip. Pull the BB guide down and lock
• Push down on the BB retainer button at top of mag.
• Insert up to 12 BBs into the magazine.
• Insert the loaded clip back into the bottom of the grip frame until you hear a
click, indicating the clip is securely locked into place.
Never assume that because the airsoft gun no longer fires a plastic BB
and/or the magazine is removed, that a plastic BB is not lodged in the barrel. Always treat
the airsoft gun as though it is loaded and with the same respect you would a firearm.
3.2 Unloading by Firing
• Make sure the airsoft pistol is pointed in a SAFE DIRECTION.
• Take the airsoft gun “OFF SAFE” and cock the airsoft pistol by firmly holding
the slide with your entire hand, pulling the slide rearward and releasing it in a
smooth motion to cock (Fig. 4).
• Point the muzzle in a SAFE DIRECTION, take “OFF SAFE” (Step 2B) and pull
the trigger to fire.
• Repeat these steps until you are no longer firing plastic BBs.
• Remove the magazine.
3.3 Unloading Without Firing
• Make sure the airsoft pistol is “ON SAFE” (see step 2A).
• Point the airsoft pistol in a SAFE DIRECTION.
• While supporting the bottom of the grip with your hand to catch the magazine, press the magazine release lever
and remove the magazine from the bottom of the grip frame.
• Pointing the clip in a safe direction, press the BB retainer button.
NOTE: pressing the BB retainer button quickly, or without the end covered, could allow BBS to exit the magazine
Make sure you firmly grasp the slide with your entire hand as you cock
to prevent it from slipping and snapping shut, causing possible injury.
4. Aiming and Firing Safely
• You and others with you should always wear shooting glasses to protect your eyes.
• Always point your airsoft gun in a SAFE DIRECTION.
• While holding the air pistol in a horizontal position, cock the airsoft pistol by
firmly holding the slide with your entire hand, pulling the slide rearward and
releasing it in a smooth motion (Fig. 5).
• When you are sure of your target and backstop, and the area around the target is
clear, take “OFF SAFE” (See Step 2.2).
• Aim the gun and pull the trigger to fire.
• Your airsoft gun is designed for target shooting and is suited for both indoor
and outdoor use. Always remember to place your target carefully. THINK about
what you will hit if you miss the target.
• The airsoft gun is correctly aimed when the front sight blade is positioned
exactly in the notch of the rear sight. The bulls-eye should appear to rest
on the top of the front sight. (Fig. 6)
5. Clearing a Jam
Never look down the end of barrel to see if a jam has been cleared.
• Make sure the airsoft gun is “ON SAFE” and pointed in a SAFE DIREC-
• Remove the loading chamber
• Insert the tapered end of the cleaning rod into the barrel, with the angle
toward the breech (where the magazine connects).
• CAREFULLY and slowly apply more pressure until you push the BB out of
• Reinstall the magazine and test gun.
6. Maintaining Your Airsoft Gun
• DO NOT MODIFY OR ALTER YOUR AIRSOFT GUN. Attempts to modify
the airsoft gun in any way inconsistent with this manual may make it
unsafe to use, or cause serious injury, and will void the warranty.
• If you drop your airsoft gun, check to see that it works properly before you use it again. If anything seems
changed, like a shorter or weaker trigger pull, this may mean worn out or broken parts. Call Customer Service
at Crosman for assistance before using your airsoft gun again.
7. Reviewing Safety
• Do not ever point the airsoft gun at any person. Do not ever point the airsoft gun at anything you do not intend
• Always treat the airsoft gun as though it is loaded and with the same respect you would a firearm.
• Always aim in a SAFE DIRECTION. Always keep the muzzle of the airsoft gun pointed in A SAFE DIRECTION.
• Always keep the airsoft gun “ON SAFE” until you are ready to shoot in a SAFE DIRECTION.
• Always check to see if the airsoft gun is “ON SAFE” and unloaded when getting it from another person or from
• Always keep your finger off the trigger and out of the trigger guard until ready to shoot.
• You and others with you should always wear eye protection to protect your eyes.
• Always wear eye protection over your regular glasses.
• Use 6 mm plastic BBs only.
• Do not reuse plastic BBs because they could cause possible damage to your airsoft gun.
• Do not shoot at hard surfaces or at the surface of water. The plastic BBs may bounce off or ricochet and hit
someone or something you had not intended to hit.
• Replace the backstop if it becomes worn. Place the backstop in a location that will be safe should the backstop
• Your backstop should be checked for wear before and after each use. All backstops are subject to wear and will
eventually fail. Replace your backstop if the surface is worn or damaged or if a ricochet occurs.
• Do not attempt to disassemble or tamper with your airsoft gun.
• DO NOT MODIFY OR ALTER YOUR AIRSOFTGUN. Attempts to modify the airsoft gun in any way may make
your airsoft gun unsafe to use, cause serious injury or death and will void the warranty.
• Using unauthorized repair centers or modifying the function of your airsoft gun in any way may be unsafe and
will void your warranty.
• Do not put the airsoft gun away loaded. Make sure ALL of the plastic BBs are unloaded from the airsoft gun.
• Always store this airsoft gun in a secure location.
Spring air repeater
6mm plastic BBs
3.5 in. (8.89 cm)
Up to 12 plastic BBs
Barrel Material Smooth bore, aluminum
10 oz. (.28 kg)
8.75in. (22.23 cm)
Up to 325 fps (99.06 m/s)
DO NOT RETURN THIS PRODUCT TO THE STORE.
Our friendly customer service representatives will be glad to help. You can get answers to frequently asked ques-
tions at www.crosman.com or you can contact us directly at 1-800-724-7486.
If your airsoft gun is not functioning, we recommend that you call Crosman Corporation Customer service at 1-800-724-
7486 or 585-657-6161. (International customers should contact their distributor.) DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DISASSEMBLE
IT! If you take it apart you probably will not be able to reassemble it correctly. Crosman assumes no warranty responsibility
under such circumstances.
For optimum performance use Crosman ammunition only. Using other than Crosman branded ammunition may cause
your product to malfunction and may void your warranty.
LIMITED 30 DAY WARRANTY
This product is warranted to the retail consumer for 30 days from date of retail purchase against defects in material and
workmanship and is transferable.
WHAT IS COVERED
Replacement parts and labor. Transportation charges to consumer for repaired product.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
Transportation charges to Crosman for product. Damages caused by abuse, modification or failure to perform normal
maintenance. Any other expense. CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR INCIDENTAL EXPENS-
ES, INCLUDING DAMAGE TO PROPERTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF
INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO
USA Customers: Attach your name, address, description of problem, phone number and copy of sales receipt to prod-
uct. Package and return to Crosman Corporation, Routes 5 & 20, Bloomfield, NY 14469.
International Customers: Please return product to your nearest distributor. If you do not know your distributor, please
call 585-657-6161 and ask for our International Department for assistance.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR
A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO 30 DAYS FROM DATE OF RETAIL PURCHASE. SOME
STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITA-
TIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
To the extent any provision of this warranty is prohibited by federal, state, or municipal law which cannot be preempted, it
shall not be applicable. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from
state to state.
CROSMAN is a registered trademark of Crosman Corporation in the United States.
Check out our complete line of Marine Corps airsoft products at marinesairsoft.com
For more information about the Marine Corps and becoming a Marine, visit marines.com
Officially Licensed Product of the United States Marine Corps, www.marines.com and 1.800.marines.