Ureündcitanikg, Mplacing m drum light, Rmsing m door – Maytag MD6200 User Manual
Page 8: Mplacing, Drum light, Rmsing, Door
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Control Panel - clean with a soft, damp
cloth. Do not use abrasive substances.
Tumbler - remove any stains such as cray
on, ink pen or fabric dye (from new items
such as towels or jeans) with an all-purpose
cleaner. Then tumble old towels or rags to
remove any excess stain or cleaning sub-
stance. Once these steps are done, stains
may still be visible, but should not transfer to
Cabinet - wipe off any marks with soap and
inspected and cleaned once a year to main
tain optimum performance. The outside
exhaust hood should be cleaned more fre
quently to ensure proper operation. (Refer to
the installation Instructions for more infor
Instructions for replacing the bulb:
1) Unplug or disconnect the dryer from the
electrical power supply.
2) Open the door and use a Phillips screw
driver to remove the screw attaching the
lens to the tumbler front.
3) Remove lens cover by pulling cover
toward center of tumbler.
Rotate bulb counter-clockwise
remove from socket.
5) Replace the bulb with a 120 volt, 10 watt
maximum candelabra base light bulb.
6) Turn the light bulb clockwise into socket.
7) Replace lens cover by hooking plastic
tabs into tumbler front below the light
8) Reinstall the screw into the lens cover
9) Reconnect dryer to power supply.
Directions for reversing the dryer door:
1) Remove the hinge hole covers and
2) While supporting the door, remove 2
screws in the hinges that secure the
hinges to the cabinet.
3) Remove door by lifting slightly at the
hinges and pulling the hinge tabs out of
the hinge slots.
4) Move the following parts to the opposite
side of the door: 2 hinges and 4 hinge
screws, 4 door screws, door strike and
screw, inner door cover plate and screw.
5) Attach the door to the opposite side of
the cabinet using the 2 counter sunk
hinge screws, (See below). Screw the
lower hinge screw in first. This will help to
align the door and hinges.
6) Replace the hinge hole covers to the