Loading, Before you start, General recommendations – Maytag MDB6650AWW User Manual
Page 3: Recommended loading, Upper rack
Before You Start
• Don’t Prerinse. Simply scrape off any bones or
large food particles.
• If connected to a food waste disposer, make certain
the disposer is empty before starting the dish-
• Scrape off tomato-based food soils (see page 8).
• Remove certain foods (such as mustard, mayonnaise,
lemon juice, vinegar, salt or dressings) from stainless
steel flatware as soon as possible. These foods may
cause rusting and pitting if allowed to remain in contact
with the surface for an extended period of time.
• Place all items in the racks so they are separated
and facing center.
• Items can be centered behind a single tine or loaded at
an angle to maximize space.
• Load items so they do not rest over the top of the wash
• Avoid blocking the upper and lower spray arms by not
allowing items to extend beyond the racks.
(Rack features vary by model)
For best dishwashing results follow these guidelines to determine the best arrangement for your items.
10 Place Settings
Glasses, cups, stemware, light-weight plastics, small
plates, bowls, pans, long-handled utensils etc. can be
loaded in this rack. Do not load glasses over the tines.
The Stack-Rack (select models) on the right side of the
upper rack folds up or down. Fold it down to hold long-
handled knives, spatulas and spoons or short items like
cups or juice glasses. Fold it up for taller items like
glasses, bowls, plates, etc.