Honeywell GES User Manual
Gentex commander² ge series, City of chicago, General
DN-6872 • 12/19/02 — Page 1 of 3
The Gentex Commander² GE Series features low-profile
strobes, horns or horn/strobe combinations that offer de-
pendable audible and audible/visual alarms and the low-
est current available.
Commander² GE Series horns allow selection of high or
low dBA, of synchronizable chime or whoop tones, as well
as selection of a 2400 Hz (remote signaling) or a low-fre-
quency broadband 1500-3000 Hz mechanical sounding
(evacuation) tone where doors must be considered.
Commander² GE Series models are easily field-change-
able from temporal 3 to continuous tone by simply remov-
ing a jumper. GEC models are shipped from the factory on
the temporal lower-frequency mode and come standard with
a rugged cast-metal mounting plate.
The Commander² GE Series appliances have a minimal
operation current and a minimum flash rate of 1 Hz regard-
less of input voltage. The Super Slide™ feature tests su-
pervision. A locking mechanism is included, which secures
the product to the bracket without screws showing.
Commander² GE Series appliances are UL-
Listed for use with fire protective systems
per UL 464, UL 1971, and UL 1638. The
appliances are warranted for three years
from the date of purchase.
• Installers can prewire the entire system,
then install the signaling devices.
• Super Slide™ feature for easier supervi-
sion testing. When mounting Super
Slide™, die-cast metal mounting plate
mounts to single-gang boxes, double-
gang boxes, 4" (101.6 mm) square boxes,
or Gentex GSB box.
• Lower installation and operating costs.
• Input terminals utilize 12 AWG (3.25 mm²) to 18 AWG
• True evacuation tone. Switch selection for:
High or low dBA.
High or low frequency (1500 to 3000 Hz).
Temporal 3 signaling, chime or whoop tones.
• Tamperproof reentrant grille.
• Rugged die-cast metal mounting bracket. Surface-mount
with Gentex GSB box.
• Separate horn and strobe functions. Horn can be silenced
while strobes remain flashing.
(GEC, GEH models)
(GEC, GEH models)
Gentex Commander² GE Series
Low-Frequency Evacuation Signals
GEC, GEH, GES Models
December 19, 2002
Section: Audio/Visual Devices
DN-6872 • J-114B
285-91-E Vol. XV
• Synchronize strobe and/or horn with Gentex AVS44 con-
• Widest range of candela available. 15/75, 75 and 110
candela strobes meets or exceeds ADA 4.28.3 require-
• Wide voltage range of 16 – 33 VDC or FWR.
• Dimensions: 5" (127 mm) high x 4.5" (114.3 mm) wide x
2.5" (63.5 mm) deep.
• Models available in red or off-white.
Super Slide™ is a trademark of Gentex Corporation.
This document is not intended to be used for installation purposes. We try to keep our
product information up-to-date and accurate. We cannot cover all specific applications or
anticipate all requirements. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
For more information, contact NOTIFIER. Phone: (203) 484-7161 FAX: (203) 484-7118
12 Clintonville Road, Northford, Connecticut 06472
NOTIFIER® is a