Honeywell R8182H User Manual
® U.S. Registered Trademark
Copyright © 2002 Honeywell • All Rights Reserved
Protectorelay™ and Hydronic
The R8182 is a combination Protectorelay™ intermittent
ignition oil burner primary and immersion type Aquastat®
controller for oil-fired, hydronic heating systems.
• Depending on model, these single unit devices provide
combinations of high limit, low limit, and circulator
• All models use a 24V thermostat and C554A Cadmium
Sulfide Flame Detector.
• R8182D,E,H and J have auxiliary terminals ZC and ZR
for circulator zone control. Additional zones require a
separate 24V thermostat and R845 Relay.
• All models have capability for zone control with zone
valves. Each additional zone requires a separate 24V
thermostat and a V8043 or V8044 Zone Valve.
• Ideal for packaged boiler systems requiring compact,
• R8182D,E,F mode
• R8182H,J models mount on a 4 x 4 inch junction box,
and have a 5 ft (1.5m) armored capillary for remote
• Aquastat® Controller section is field replaceable.
• Oil burner circuit includes an improved safety shutoff
in the event the burner fails to start.
• Flame failure during the running cycle results in a
45 second attempt to restart. If unsuccessful, safety
shutoff occurs, requiring manual reset before burner
can be restarted.
Ordering Information ........................................................