Fender SRM 8302 User Manual
Ground loops are one of the most
common causes of hum and buzz in
sound reinforcement systems and other
audio products. A ground loop usually
occurs if the separate pieces of
equipment are plugged into different AC
circuits. Also, if the audio wiring is placed too close
to the power cords, hums or buzzes can bleed into
the system. Still, improperly maintained power and
audio cables are yet another cause of bothersome
noise. In order to help minimize stray hums and
buzzes, here are some helpful hints.
1. Keep all electronics connected to the sound
system on the same electrical circuit.
2. Keep audio signal cables away from the AC
3. Use balanced cables when applicable.
4. Always plug the SRM 6302 / 8302 into a
grounded AC electrical outlet.
5. Be sure to use properly maintained cords and
cables with the SRM 6302 / 8302.
The SRM 6302 / 8302 is covered in
for long life and lasting
good looks. To clean the cabinet, use a
sponge with a light soapy solution.
Avoid spilling any liquids on the operating
surface, heat sink, grille, volume and tone controls,
switches and line cord. ALWAYS unplug the SRM
6302 / 8302 before cleaning it or approaching it with
fluids. Before plugging in the SRM 6302 / 8302 wait
until the unit has completely dried.
If the SRM 6302 / 8302 is set up but
does not function, please check the
• Is the SRM 6302 / 8302's power cord properly
plugged into an electrical outlet?
• Is there power at the outlet?
• (If applicable) does your instrument have power?
• Are the volume control knobs on the SRM 6302 /
8302 turned above the 0 position?
• Are the volume control knobs on your instruments
turned above their minimum position?
• Is the mic/instrument properly plugged into the
SRM 6302 / 8302?
• Is the mic/instrument turned on?
• Are your audio cables frayed, cut or damaged?
• If using a condenser mic, is the phantom power
• If using an outboard gear, are the cords
• Is there power to the outboard gear?
• Are the levels on your outboard gear above their
If after checking all of the above the SRM 6302 /
8302 is still not performing correctly, consult your
authorized Fender Service Center.
GROUNDING AND HUMS
TOLEX COVERING CARE