About “memory stick, What is a “memory stick – Sony NV-U84 User Manual
• This unit supports security capabilities that
comply with the Bluetooth standard to provide
a secure connection when the Bluetooth
wireless technology is used, but security may
not be enough depending on the setting. Be
careful when communicating using Bluetooth
• We do not take any responsibility for the
leakage of information during Bluetooth
• Connection with all Bluetooth devices cannot
– A device featuring Bluetooth function is
required to conform to the Bluetooth standard
specified by Bluetooth SIG, and be
– Even if the connected device conforms to the
above mentioned Bluetooth standard, some
devices may not be connected or work
correctly, depending on the features or
specifications of the device.
– While talking on the phone hands-free, noise
may occur, depending on the model of your
cellphone or communication environment.
• Depending on the device to be connected, it
may require some time to start communication.
• Using the Bluetooth device may not function
on cellphones, depending on radio wave
conditions and location where the equipment is
• If you experience discomfort after using the
Bluetooth device, stop using the Bluetooth
device immediately. Should any problem
persist, consult your nearest Sony dealer.
About “Memory Stick”
What is a “Memory Stick”?
“Memory Stick” is a compact-size IC recording
medium with a large capacity. It has been
designed not only for exchanging/sharing digital
data among “Memory Stick” compatible
products, but also for serving as an insertable/
removable external storage medium that can save
Types of “Memory Stick Duo” that
the system can use
With the system, you can use the following types
of “Memory Stick Duo.”*
• “Memory Stick Duo” (Not compatible with
• “MagicGate Memory Stick Duo”*
• “Memory Stick PRO Duo”*
*1 The system has been demonstrated as operable
with a “Memory Stick Duo” with a capacity of
16 GB or smaller. However, we do not guarantee
the operations of all the “Memory Stick Duo”
*2 “MagicGate Memory Stick Duo” and “Memory Stick
PRO Duo” are equipped with MagicGate functions.
MagicGate is copyright protection, using
encryption technology. Data with MagicGate
protection cannot be played with this unit.
• This system does not support parallel high-speed
• Standard-size “Memory Stick” cannot be used in this
• When using a “Memory Stick Duo,” make sure to
check correct insertion direction. Wrong usage may
cause trouble with the system.
• Do not insert “Memory Stick Micro” directly into
“Memory Stick PRO” compliant product without M2*
adapter supplied with the media (or sold separately).
If you attempt to insert it without attaching to the
M2* adapter, it may not be able to be removed.
• Do not place the “Memory Stick Duo,” “Memory Stick
Micro,” or M2* adapter within the reach of children to
prevent them from swallowing it by accident.
• Avoid removing the “Memory Stick Duo” from the
system while the system is reading or writing data.