Sony NV-U84 User Manual
• Do not let foreign objects get inside the
connector of the unit, as it may cause
• When the unit is not in use, turn it off by sliding
?/1. Remove the unit from the cradle, then
disconnect the car battery adapter, otherwise
battery drain may result. Note the following:
If your car’s cigarette lighter socket is not
connected to ACC on your ignition switch,
power will continue to be supplied to the unit’s
built-in power supply even when the ignition is
off or the unit is not in use.
• Do not connect any accessory other than those
supplied or optional.
• Do not expose the unit to fire or water, as it
may cause malfunction.
• To disconnect a cable, pull it out by grasping
the plug, not the cable.
• Be sure to remove the unit out of the car when
leaving your car to prevent theft or high
temperature damage inside the car.
• If the cradle is left attached to the dashboard for
a long time, the suction cup may leave a mark
on the dashboard. Be sure to detach the cradle
from the dashboard when it is not being used.
• Detach and reattach the cradle regularly to
maintain the attachment strength of the suction
• Note that it may be difficult to detach the cradle
at low temperatures.
• Note that the built-in battery cannot be charged
outside the temperature range 5 – 45 ºC (41 –
• Do not leave the unit in high ambient
temperature as the built-in battery capacity will
deteriorate, or will become unchargeable.
On the suction cup
Small bubbles may exist on the suction cup.
These bubbles, however, do not affect the suction
As GPS information is obtained from satellites, it
may be impossible or difficult to obtain
information in locations such as:
• Tunnel or underground
• Under a highway
• Between high buildings
• Between tall trees with dense foliage
GPS signal reception may be poor depending on the
material of the car’s windshield.
On the positioning system
(POSITION plus) (NV-U94T only)
The system has a function that allows the current
car position to be correctly displayed even at
locations where the GPS signal is temporarily
interrupted or poorly received, as when going
under an overpass. To activate this function, do
– Attach the unit to the cradle.
– Drive for a while in an area where the GPS
signal is clearly received.
The positioning system will become ready for
operation after you have driven a little with the
• The accuracy of this function may deteriorate if the
unit is installed near a heated or heat-reflecting
• Depending on the conditions, the current car
position or the movement may not be accurately
displayed. This, however, will be corrected as soon
as the GPS signal reception resumes.
On the battery discharge mode
If the unit’s internal temperature becomes
excessive, it enters battery discharge mode and
automatically reduces the charge capacity to
protect the battery. In this case, the unit turns on
(display remains off), even while not in use.
continue to next page