Nortel Networks Control Clamp EMC User Manual
Installing the emc control clamp
Installing the EMC Control Clamp
The EMC Control Clamp must be placed no further than 3.7 cm. (1-1/2 inches)
from the connector located on the PCMCIA card. The cable must pass through the
clamp three times to function properly.
To attach the EMC Control Clamp to the Ethernet cable, follow these procedures:
1. Open the clamp by placing your thumb
nail into the side of the clamp that has
the edge on it. Pull out and lift the top of
2. Place the Ethernet cable through the
center of the clamp. Adjust the cable to
make sure you are within 3.7 cm (1-1/2
inches) of the PC card connector.
3. Holding the cable in the clamp with your
thumb, wrap the Ethernet cable around
and through the center of the clamp two
4. Hold the Ethernet cable together in the
center of the clamp and close the clamp
until it snaps shut.
5. Connect the cable to the port on the