Step 3, Mac os x v10.1 or higher – Netopia Network Adapte User Manual
CONFIGURING YOUR WIRELESS DSL ROUTER
Now that you have configured your computer, it’s time to configure your wireless DSL router.
1. Open your Web browser. The router’s login page should appear automatically. If the page does not appear,
http://192.168.1.1 and click Go or press Enter.
2. You’ll be asked to enter a username and password for your router. Type the word admin in both fields.
3. Click OK.
4. Click Wizard Setup on the left side of the screen.
5. In the Wizard Setup window, select I have a PPPoE username and password and click Next. NEVER CHOOSE I
have a static IP address.
6. Type in the PPPoE username and password we sent to you by email. Please note these may not be the same
as the username and password you chose when you placed your order. Your PPPoE username and password
are also printed in the
Message field on the packing slip included with your installation kit.
7. After you’ve entered your PPPoE username and password, click on Next. You’ve now completed your router
setup (if you ordered multiple IP addresses, skip to number 8 below). Click
Done and then select Yes to close
the browser window.
8. If you ordered multiple IP addresses, click on Configure IP Information and follow the prompts on your
screen. You’ll need the IP address information (LAN IP Address and LAN Subnet Mask) we sent you by email
and on the packing slip (along with your PPPoE username and password). You don’t need to make any
changes to the DHCP section of this screen. Once you’ve completed this, click on
Finish and then review the
information you entered and click
Save Settings. Don’t forget to reboot your computer to obtain new network
You’ve just completed your DSL installation — in 3 simple steps. To start experiencing high-speed
Internet, just launch any Web browser.
MAC OS X v10.1 OR HIGHER
1. From the Apple Menu, select
2. Double-click on
Built in Ethernet in the Show list.
4. Click the
Using DHCP from the Configure menu.
6. Remove any entries in the
DNS Servers and Search Domains fields.
7. Click the
Apply Now button.