Whirlpool WMH73521CS User Manual
Warranty, Whirlpool corporation major appliance warranty
Whirlpool Corporation Major Appliance Warranty
ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
For one year from the date of purchase, when this major appliance is installed, operated and maintained according to instructions attached to or
furnished with the product, Whirlpool Corporation or Whirlpool Canada LP (hereafter “Whirlpool”) will pay for Factory Specified Parts and repair
labor to correct defects in materials or workmanship that existed when this major appliance was purchased or at its sole discretion replace the
product. If replaced, the product will be covered by the remaining one-year limited warranty of the original unit.
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR AS PROVIDED HEREIN. Service
must be provided by a Whirlpool designated service company. This limited warranty is valid only in the United States or Canada and applies only
when the major appliance is used in the country in which it was purchased. Outside the 50 United States and Canada, this limited warranty does
not apply. This limited warranty is effective from the date of original consumer purchase. Proof of original purchase date is required to obtain
service under this limited warranty.
ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM WARRANTY
This limited warranty does not cover:
1. Service calls to correct the installation of your major appliance, to instruct you on how to use your major appliance, to replace or repair house
fuses, or to correct house wiring or plumbing.
2. Service calls to repair or replace appliance light bulbs, air filters or water filters. Consumable parts are excluded from warranty coverage.
3. Repairs when your major appliance is used for other than normal, single-family household use or when it is used in a manner that is contrary
to published user or operator instructions and/or installation instructions.
4. Damage resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, fire, flood, acts of God, improper installation, installation not in accordance with
electrical or plumbing codes, or use of consumables or cleaning products not approved by Whirlpool.
5. Cosmetic damage, including scratches, dents, chips or other damage to the finish of your major appliance, unless such damage results from
defects in materials or workmanship and is reported to Whirlpool within 30 days from the date of purchase.
6. Any food loss due to refrigerator or freezer product failures.
7. Costs associated with the removal from your home of your major appliance for repairs. This major appliance is designed to be repaired in the
home and only in-home service is covered by this warranty.
8. Repairs to parts or systems resulting from unauthorized modifications made to the appliance.
9. Expenses for travel and transportation for product service if your major appliance is located in a remote area where service by an authorized
Whirlpool servicer is not available.
10. The removal and reinstallation of your major appliance if it is installed in an inaccessible location or is not installed in accordance with
published installation instructions.
11. Major appliances with original model/serial numbers that have been removed, altered or cannot be easily determined. This warranty is void if
the factory applied serial number has been altered or removed from your major appliance.
12. Removal or replacement of trim, decorative panels, flooring, cabinetry, islands, countertops, drywall or other built-in fixtures that interfere
with servicing, removal or replacement of the product.
The cost of repair or replacement under these excluded circumstances shall be borne by the customer.
DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES
IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO ONE YEAR OR THE SHORTEST PERIOD ALLOWED BY LAW. Some states and provinces do not
allow limitations on the duration of implied warranties of merchantability or fitness, so this limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives
you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
DISCLAIMER OF REPRESENTATIONS OUTSIDE OF WARRANTY
Whirlpool makes no representations about the quality, durability, or need for service or repair of this major appliance other than the
representations contained in this warranty. If you want a longer or more comprehensive warranty than the limited warranty that comes with this
major appliance, you should ask Whirlpool or your retailer about buying an extended warranty.
LIMITATION OF REMEDIES; EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR AS PROVIDED HEREIN.
WHIRLPOOL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Some states and provinces do not allow the
exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so these limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you
specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
If outside the 50 United States and Canada, contact your authorized Whirlpool dealer to determine if another warranty applies.