Contents safety instructions – IKA C-MAG HP 10 User Manual
CE - Declaration of conformity
List of spare parts
Spare parts diagram
To your protection
• Read the operating instructions in full before starting up
and follow the safety instructions.
• Keep the operating instructions in a place where they can be
accessed by everyone.
• Ensure that only trained staff work with the appliance.
• Follow the safety instructions, guidelines, occupational health
and safety and accident prevention regulations.
• Socket must be earthed (protective ground contact).
• Attention - Magnetism! Effects of the magnetic field have
to be taken into account (e.g. data cardiatic, carriers pacema-
• Risk of burns! The heating plate can reach temperatures in
excess of 500 °C. Pay attention the residual heat after swit-
Please make sure that the mains cable does not contact the
• Wear your personal protective equipment in accordance with the
hazard category of the medium to be processed. Otherwise
there is a risk of:
- splashing liquids
- projectile parts
- release any toxic or combustable gases.
• Set up the appliance in a spacious area on an even, stable, clean,
non-slip, dry and fireproof surface.
• The feet of the appliance must be clean and undamaged.
• Position the knob at the left stop before starting up. Gradually
increase the speed.
• Reduce the speed if
- the medium splashes out of the vessel because the speed is
- the appliance is not running smoothly
- the container moves on the set-up surface.
• Caution! Only process and heat up any media that has a flash
point higher than the adjusted target temperature (0 to 550 °C)
that has been set.
The target temperature must always be set to at least 25 °C
lower than the fire point of the media used.
• When using PTFE-coated magnetic bars, the following hase
to be noted: Chemical reactions of PTFE occur in contact with
molten or dissolved alkaline and alkaline - earth metals, as well
as with fine-particled powders of metals of the 2. and 3. group
of the periodical system at temperatures above 300-400°C.
Only elementary fluorine, chlorine trifluoride und alkaline metals
do attack PTFE, halogen hydrocarbons have a reversibly swelling
Source: Römpps Chemie-Lexikon and „Ullmann“ Bd.19
• Check the appliance and accessories beforehand for damage
each time you use them. Do not use damaged components.
• Only replace damaged parts with spare parts identical to the ori
ginal in function and quality.
• Do not use the device if the ceramic set-up surface is damaged
e.g. scratches, splinters or corrosion. A damaged set-up surface
could break if used.
• Beware of the risk of
- flammable materials