GE 681131689434 User Manual
Iron safety, Iron, Important safeguards
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Item Stock Number
Know Your Iron................................... 2
Using Your Iron................................... 3
Caring For Your Iron............................ 10
Customer Assistance.......................... 11
When using your flatiron, basic safety precautions should alw'ays be followed, including
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
1. Use iron only for its intended use.
2. To protect against risk of electric shock, do not immerse the iron in water or other liquids.
3. The iron should always be turned to OFF before plu^ng or unplugging from outlet.
Never yank cord to disconnect from outlet; instead, grasp plug and pull to disconnect.
4. Do not allow cord to touch hot surfaces. l.et iron cool completely before putting away.
5. Always disconnect iron from electrical outlet when Ailing with water or emptying and when
not in use.
6. Do not operate iron with a damaged cord or if the iron has been dropped or damaged. To
avoid the lisk of electric shock, do not disassemble the iron. Contact an authorized service
facility for information on examination and repair. Incorrect reassembly can cause a risk of
electric shock when the iron is used.
7. Close super\ision is necessary for any appliance being used by or near children. Do not
leave iron unattended while connected or on an ironing boaiti.
8. Bums can occur from touching hot metal parts, hot \vater, or steam. Use caution when you
turn a steam iron upside down - there may be hot water in the reservoir.
1. To avoid a circuit overload, do not operate another high wattage appliance on the same circuit
2. If an extension cord is absolutely necessary, a 10-ampere cord should be used. Cords rated
for less amperage may overheat Care should be taken to arrange the cord so that it cannot
be pulled or tripped over.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
Consumer Safety Information
This product is intended for household
This appliance is equipped with a polarized
plug. This type of plug has one blade wider
than the other. The plug will fit into an
electrical outlet only one way. This Is a safety
feature intended to help reduce the risk of
electrical shock. If you are unable to insert
the plug into the outlet, try re\'ersing the
plug. If the plug should still fail to fli, contact
a qualified electrician to replace the obsolete
outlet Do not attempt to defeat the safety
purpose of the polarized plug by modifying
the plug in any way.
Use the iron on an ironing board. Ironing on
any other surface may damage that surface.
For Customer Assistance Piease Call: 1-877-207-0923