I.C.E. GIDM-325 User Manual
BURNER SAFETY CHECK
1. Start and stop burner several times to ensure proper operation.
2. Check operation of combustion safeguard control by simulating a flame failure, making certain the burner locks
out on safety within the proper time.
3. Check operation of the air flow switch, making certain fuel valve closes when the air flow diaphragm switch
4. Bypass discharge controller and check to ensure high limit will shut down burner on temperature increase. If
changed reset as per factory setting.
5. Reset operating control to desired temperature. Permit burner to run until it is shut off by the operating control.
Adjust operating control, if necessary, until it causes burner to stop and start within desired range.
6. With the burner running, check hi and low gas pressure switch if on manifold. The burner should shut off
7. Conduct minimum, pilot turn down test, reduce gas pressure to pilot with manual shut off cock to the point pilot
flame is extinguished or fails to prove. Increase gas flow slightly. Main flame must be ignited with this pilot
8. The following readings should be taken and record after final adjustments have been made.
a) Burner input (CFH gas).
b) Percent CO
c) CO indication.
d) Stack temperature.
e) Firebox pressure.
f) Fuel pressure (in W.C.-gas) (main and pilot).
g) Voltage to burner.
9. Give instruction to owner (operator).
WARNING: SHOULD OVERHEATING OCCUR
1. Shut off the manual gas control (s) to the burner.
2. Do not shut off the control switch to the pump or blower.