To change the presser foot, 3, loosen – SINGER W217 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
TO CHANGE THE PRESSER FOOT
1, Roise the needle to ds highest point by turning the bolonce-wheel ( 2 0 )
Roise the presser foot ( 1 2 ) by lifting the presser bor lifter ( 2 4 )
me presser foot thumb screw ond remove the foot,
Place the grooved side of the selected presser foot ogoinst the Pot of
the presser bar,
,5, fosten the thumb screw.
TO MAKE BUTTONHOLES
1. Set Zigzag dial (23) to the narrow zigzag and Stitch regulator dial (18) to
fine stitch between 0 and 1. (Fine)
2. Sew to desired length (K to L) and stop the machine with Needle in the
material and at left position as shown in Fig. Q.
3. Then, set Zigzag dial to the medium zigzag and turn balance wheel one
rotation so that needle is at right position M (Fig. R) and needle bar at
lowest position, and turn the material 180 degree as shown in Fig. S.
4. Sew a tew stitches (M to N) with the Zigzag dial to the widest zigzag
as shown in Fig. T.
5. Re-set Zigzag dial to the narrow zigzag and sew other-side (N to 0) of
button hole as shown in Fig. U,
6. Sew a few stitches (0 to P) with Zigzag dial to the widest zigzag as shown
in Fig. V.
7. Cut buttonhole using seam ripper, being careful not to cut
stitching on either side. (Fig. 27)
Note ; We suggest you moke lest somples on
a piece of the some garment
moteriol, before you sew the -buttonhole on the
work you are doing.
Troce length of buttonhole with cholk on the moteriol
ond sew slowly
following the markings so that you con perform the buttonhole
os you desire.
When turning the moteriol 180 degrees, if you pull the moteriol by
force, needle will bertd or breok. Turn it slowly with care.
Needle thread should be slightly tighter than thot of regular sewing
so that you con get belter work.