NIBCO 2-Piece Bronze 600-CWP Ball Valves User Manual
Installation and maintenance guidelines for nibco
INSTALLATION, OPERATION & MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
CAUTION: Only qualified personnel should undertake the procedures outlined in this document.
NIBCO INC., its agents, representatives and employees assumes no liability for the use of these
procedures. These procedures are offered as suggestions only.
NIBCO Technical Services • Phone: 1.888.446.4226 • Fax: 1.888.336.4226
N I B C O I N C .
W O R L D H E A D Q U A R T E R S
1 5 1 6 M I D D L E B U R Y S T.
E L K H A R T, I N 4 6 5 1 6 - 4 7 4 0
U S A
P H O N E : 5 7 4 . 2 9 5 . 3 0 0 0
F A X : 5 7 4 . 2 9 5 . 3 3 0 7
W E B : w w w . n i b c o . c o m
Review Date: 01/18/2012
Original Date: NA
Installation and Maintenance Guidelines for
Two-Piece Bronze Ball Valves 600 CWP
1. Operate valve before installing. This verifies functionality.
2. Threaded Valves: Check connecting pipe threads for accuracy. Make sure the pipe
threads are free of foreign materials such as scale or metal shavings.
Soldered End Valves: See Installation Bulletin on Page 2.
3. To ensure proper installation, standard piping practices should be followed.
4. The NIBCO two-piece ball valve is a bi-directional valve.
1. General maintenance should consist of operating the valve periodically to ensure that it
is functioning properly.
2. Routine maintenance consists of tightening the packing to compensate for wear. When
leakage occurs, the packing gland follower (under handle) should be tightened in 1/8 to
1/4 turn increments just enough to stop leakage. This can be done with a thin open-
ended wrench or a special packing adjustment wrench that can be purchased from
NIBCO (Part No. T067474 ASBLY).
NIBCO DOES NOT RECOMMEND DISASSEMBLY OF THIS VALVE
TO ATTEMPT INTERNAL REPAIRS.