NIBCO Split-Body Flanged Ball Valves User Manual
NIBCO Accessories for water
INSTALLATION, OPERATION & MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
CAUTION: Only qualified personnel should undertake the procedures outlined in this document.
NIBCO INC., its agents, representatives and employees assumes no liability for the use of these
procedures. These procedures are offered as suggestions only.
NIBCO Technical Services • Phone: 1.888.446.4224 • Fax: 1.888.336.4224
N I B C O I N C .
W O R L D H E A D Q U A R T E R S
1 5 1 6 M I D D L E B U R Y S T.
E L K H A R T, I N 4 6 5 1 6 - 4 7 4 0
U S A
P H O N E : 5 7 4 . 2 9 5 . 3 0 0 0
F A X : 5 7 4 . 2 9 5 . 3 3 0 7
W E B : w w w . n i b c o . c o m
Review Date: 01/18/2012
Original Date: 10/01/1992
Installation, Maintenance and Operation Instructions for
Series F515, F535 and F565
Split Body Flanged Ball Valves
CAUTION: It is important for your safety and protection that the following precautionary
measures are taken prior to removing the valve from service or before any disassembly of
1. Keep hands out of the inside of the valve. A remotely actuated valve may close at
2. Know the application of the valve to be serviced. If any doubt exists, consult the
3. Protective clothing should be worn commensurate with the media involved.
4. De-pressurize the line and valve as follows:
a. Open valve, drain line.
b. Cycle valve to relieve residual pressure that may be trapped in valve. The valve
should be left in the partially open position.
c. After removal of valve from line, place in vertical position and drain any
1. Place valve in partially open position.
2. Check connecting pipe flanges for accuracy. Make sure the pipe flange faces are
clean of any foreign material such as scale, metal shaving or welding slag.
3. To ensure proper installation, standard piping practices should be followed.
4. The NIBCO flanged ball valve is a bi-directional valve.
5. Use correct size flange bolts and follow the recommended procedures of the gasket
manufacturer when tightening the flange bolts.
1. Routine maintenance consists of tightening the packing to compensate for wear. If
there is seepage present at stem seal, tighten the gland flange cap screws (13)
alternating 1/4 turn until snug.
2. General maintenance consists of periodic observation of valve to ensure that the
valve is functioning correctly.
3. For seat and seal replacement, refer to disassembly and assembly procedures
listed below. Seat and seal kits may be purchased through your local NIBCO