NIBCO 2-Piece Steel Ball Valves User Manual
Installation and maintenance guidelines for nibco, Two-piece steel ball valves, Ii. maintenance
INSTALLATION, OPERATION & MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
CAUTION: Only qualified personnel should undertake the procedures outlined in this document.
NIBCO INC., its agents, representatives and employees assumes no liability for the use of these
procedures. These procedures are offered as suggestions only.
NIBCO Technical Services • Phone: 1.888.446.4224 • Fax: 1.888.336.4224
N I B C O I N C .
W O R L D H E A D Q U A R T E R S
1 5 1 6 M I D D L E B U R Y S T.
E L K H A R T, I N 4 6 5 1 6 - 4 7 4 0
U S A
P H O N E : 5 7 4 . 2 9 5 . 3 0 0 0
F A X : 5 7 4 . 2 9 5 . 3 3 0 7
W E B : w w w . n i b c o . c o m
Review Date: 01/18/2012
Original Date: NA
Installation and Maintenance Guidelines for
Two-Piece Steel Ball Valves
1. Operate valve before installing. This verifies functionality.
2. Check connecting pipe threads for accuracy. Make sure the pipe threads are free of
foreign materials such as scale or metal shavings.
3. To ensure proper installation, standard piping practices should be followed.
4. The NIBCO two-piece ball valve is a bi-directional valve.
1. General maintenance should consist of operating the valve periodically to ensure
that it is functioning properly.
2. Routine maintenance consists of tightening the packing to compensate for wear.
When leakage occurs, the packing gland follower (under handle) should be tightened
in 1/8 to 1/4 turn increments just enough to stop leakage. This can be done with a
thin open-ended wrench.
NIBCO DOES NOT RECOMMEND DISASSEMBLY OF THIS VALVE
TO ATTEMPT INTERNAL REPAIRS.