Troubleshooting, Situation possible cause (remedy) – I.C.T.C. Holdings Corporation 300S Legend User Manual
300S / 300SL LEGEND Owner’s Manual
POSSIBLE CAUSE (REMEDY)
FLUID BEING SPRAYED OUT OF TIP PULSATES, SPRAY HOSE LIES QUIET WHEN GUN
1. Spray tip worn out or too large. (replace with new tip of correct size. Tip must not exceed a good
condition .021 tip ).
2. Paint hose incorrect type. (replace with genuine top quality H.E.R.O. airless spray hose. Steel braided
hose is not recommended ).
3. Too short a length of hose. (minimum 50' of airless spray hose is required. Replace or add hose until a
minimum of 50' is being used).
FLUID BEING SPRAYED OUT OF TIP PULSATES, SPRAY HOSE CONTINUES TO MOVE
VIGOROUSLY WHEN GUN TRIGGER CLOSED
1. Outgo valve (ref# 22) assembled incorrectly. (remove the outgo valve and reassemble closely following
the instructions on page 24).
2. Outgo valve ball (ref# 26) worn out or jammed. (inspect outgo ball to ensure that it is round and free of
nicks or cuts. Inspect for foreign material jamming ball. Inspect seat and cage for wear. Replace parts as
PUMP SPRAYS WATER OR SOLVENT AT CORRECT PRESSURES, BUT WILL NOT SPRAY
PAINT (Check with pressure gauge, see page 17)
1. Air leak in paint intake siphon assembly. (check all fittings and hose clamps in intake assembly for
2. Air leak in paint intake. (check for cracked or broken intake fittings. Swivel connector, (ref# 8), or hose
barb, (ref# 7), may be damaged due to over tightening. Look for small black hairline fractures. Replace
3. Partial blockage in paint intake siphon hose, (ref# 5) or siphon screen (ref# 2) (clean and remove any
blockages from intake siphon hose or screen. Check to insure strainer bag is not clogging intake siphon
hose or screen).
SPRAYER DOES NOT PRIME WITH PAINT
1. Heavy bodied paint, pump dry. (refer to " Operating Instructions" and follow priming instructions
using the correct thinner for the paint you are to use).
SPRAYER DOES NOT PRIME WITH CORRECT THINNER
1. Pump completely dry. (pump may experience difficulty in priming when it is completely dry. First invert
siphon tube and pour thinner into siphon tube, to help prime dry pump).
2. Intake siphon assembly (ref# 1) has loose/damaged fittings, loose clamps, or damaged hose. (check all
fittings, hose clamps, for tightness, siphon hose for damage or holes. Replace or tighten as required).
3. Intake valve ball (ref# 13) stuck. (remove intake endcap, (ref# 11), and free ball and reassemble).
4. Outgo valve ball (ref# 26) stuck. (remove outgo valve, (ref# 22). Unthread outgo valve upper body, (ref#
29), from outgo body lower, (ref# 23). Remove outgo seat, (ref# 25), from upper body. Free ball and
reassemble following detailed instructions on page 24).